• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Valeo radiators today

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
My 04 E500 estate has gone in for a service, and has revealed a nasty surprises. One is that the radiator is about to go and MB are out of stock in Germany. I have ordered one from ECP which will arrive in the morning, but it's a Valeo, which was notorious in the day. Should I be concerned about today's quality?

There is one here said to be manufactured by Mercedes.

Fast Rads - Part Finder

No idea I'm afraid on the situation with Valeo rads nowadays. Surely the previous defect will have been addressed?

Dunno what Valeo are like these days either. Too late now by the sounds of things but better price than eurocrap for a Valeo as well more choice (Nissens and Hella) here Car Radiator & Car Parts by Skscarparts A bit more than the one in the fast rads link that's only described as pattern/aftermarket

Yep, ordered now, and it's all ECP stock, so it's Hobson's choice. I'd like to think they've addressed the problems after all this time, but it's a Valeo that's coming out - just in the nick of time as well. I think GSF stock Nissens, but I'd never heard of them.

Olly told me nissens were good. Been fitted for 3 years now with no issues

Valeo is a reputable manufacturer and supplies various OE parts to MB from windscreen wipers, through radiators, and up to electronic components such as Steering Wheel Angle Sensor (part of the ESP system).

There was an issue with faulty seals on some OEM Valeo radiators fifteen years ago, but this can happen to any manufacturer, just as Delphi messed-up with the batch of defective Diesel injectors made in their Blois factory in France.

I would not hesitate to buy Valeo products.

Thanks Mark. When I bought the car approaching 4 years ago, I was concerned about the Valeo "problem", and was told it didn't have a Valeo fitted, so I was surprised to find out today that it did. One benefit is that it is £300 cheaper than the main dealer price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom