• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Very modified car insurance

Another vote here for A Plan Rob, I'm actually still with them on the unmodified S Class but they were one of the few who would touch that E63 "Taxi" when I owned and messed about with it. A lot. :)

It was running c900bhp with over 1,000ft/lbs when I sold it. All mods were fully declared, some on a weekly basis at the time, but this didn't phase A Plan at all. The only thing they wouldn't cover was the speed trial things at Terminal Velocity meetings so I had to risk those...

Incidentally, it was originally insured with Privilege who, whilst being reasonably competitive, refused to cover any increase in power over 21%. At least I think that was the figure, can't recall now...
Wait until you reach old grunter status like me Dave.:(
A Plan quoted me over £500 to insure my S204 ! Over £200 dearer than the online usual suspects.
Goodness knows what they would have asked for with the E63 and its modifications:doh:

Young Mr Dazzler is obviously not an old grunter....yet................ so A- Plan may very well suit.

Another vote here for A Plan Rob, I'm actually still with them on the unmodified S Class but they were one of the few who would touch that E63 "Taxi" when I owned and messed about with it. A lot. :)

It was running c900bhp with over 1,000ft/lbs when I sold it. All mods were fully declared, some on a weekly basis at the time, but this didn't phase A Plan at all. The only thing they wouldn't cover was the speed trial things at Terminal Velocity meetings so I had to risk those...

Incidentally, it was originally insured with Privilege who, whilst being reasonably competitive, refused to cover any increase in power over 21%. At least I think that was the figure, can't recall now...
Thanks Dave, it will be a similar increase to your taxi in relative terms. It’s that power increase cap which concerned me. Thank you for sharing 👍🏻

Thanks @daveenty @AMGeed and anyone else who suggested A Plan. They mirrored NCB from another car and the premium is just 31% of Adrian Flux’s initial online quote.

Adrian Flux initial online quote100%
Adrian Flux by phone + mirror NCB 51%
Adrian Flux by phone + transfer NCB 44%
A Plan by phone and mirror NCB 31%

The A-plan quote was very reasonable, and so despite being tighter-than-tight - I didn’t feel that asking for a discount - or calling elsewhere - was appropriate or required.

We’re picking the car up late tomorrow afternoon, and we’ve cancelled our weekend away so that we can drive it a bit assuming that the weather is at least fair.

Thank you once more for all of your input and for sharing your experience.

PS It’s costing 51% of insuring the dog, and it’s a very fast car with a 71% power increase. I don’t know what’s more mad, the new car or the cost of insuring the dog.

Last edited:
To complete the thread, here’s the car in question.

The A-plan quote was very reasonable, and so despite being tighter-than-tight - I didn’t feel that asking for a discount - or calling elsewhere - was appropriate or required.
It’s gone up by exactly £20 this year, which seemed jolly reasonable to me, so I didn’t ask for a discount again this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom