• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Viano 2012 electric sliding door

Number1

Car
Viano
Hi all, could someone tell me how to disable the electric sliding door on a viano 2012. Please? Reason is I think I might need to change door lock which i would need to remove door card and also get to the lock. I assume I would need to move the door freely to get to door card and lock.
Thank you in advance

On F34 pull fuse 27 or 28, depending.
That's also the best way to reset these doors when low voltage causes them to forget what they are.

Attachments

On F34 pull fuse 27 or 28, depending.
That's also the best way to reset these doors when low voltage causes them to forget what they are.
Thank you that is most helpfull, were would the fuse board be located from what I understand there are two or three fuse boards. I take it once the fuse has been located I can move the door freely? Manually.

Thank you that is most helpfull, were would the fuse board be located from what I understand there are two or three fuse boards. I take it once the fuse has been located I can move the door freely? Manually.
Sorry just looked at your attachment, it's under the bonnet...thank you.

Not the smaller, and little utilised, fuse board below the fr passenger seat.
But the under bonnet fuse board, at the n/s rear, above the glove box.

Fuse pulled the door will be less free than those not electrically powered. You have to overcome the drag of the motor and mechanism.

I'm assuming you have eliminated the contact pad at the rear of the B pillar.

Not the smaller, and little utilised, fuse board below the fr passenger seat.
But the under bonnet fuse board, at the n/s rear, above the glove box.

Fuse pulled the door will be less free than those not electrically powered. You have to overcome the drag of the motor and mechanism.

I'm assuming you have eliminated the contact pad at the rear of the B pillar.
Yes I have changed the contact pad, and so far so good, but just getting the info n case I need to go further, and I could not find anything on disabling the motor on the door. So I need to do it it should be straight forward not saying it won't be a pain in the **** , but that was my biggest problem to overcome from what I can see.....
Thank you for your help , if you think of anything else that may be of help...I m all ears.

Yes I have changed the contact pad, and so far so good, but just getting the info n case I need to go further, and I could not find anything on disabling the motor on the door. So I need to do it it should be straight forward not saying it won't be a pain in the **** , but that was my biggest problem to overcome from what I can see.....
Thank you for your help , if you think of anything else that may be of help...I m all ears.
I take it you mean fuse board in engine bay

The more common issue with the lock mechanism is a failed micro switch within I believe.
The van then fails to see the door locked and so doesn't arm.

Small, not so relevant, point the motor is behind the rear panel, near the rear speakers.

The more common issue with the lock mechanism is a failed micro switch within I believe.
The van then fails to see the door locked and so doesn't arm.

Small, not so relevant, point the motor is behind the rear panel, near the rear speakers.
I won't need to touch the motor for the door to change the lock apart from pulling the fuse, is that correct?

Correct.

Lovely, at least I know we're the motor is..I had a discovery 3 before this and that was a learning curve. I will get my head round the viano, v6 lovely car/van pleased with it just a few little niggles to sort out..beats landrover any day of the week

As yet you haven't explained your issue.

As yet you haven't explained your issue.
Sorry, some times I have trouble setting the alarm as the driver side sliding door is not locking. I have also had at times when driving the display saying sliding door is open....so i have changed contact plates for new...looks like previous owners, had applied grease of some sort to contacts...so all seem OK at present but just getting info in case I need to replace lock

Keep the old plates, upside down they are good for the n/s. They would then contact to a new area.

If it re occurs adjustment of the D hasp 'might' allow the deadlock to engage, if it isn't a faulty lock mechanism.

Hi m80,
I have now fitted a new door lock, and all works perfectly longest part of the job was getting the door card off, just over an hour work. Wanted to say thank you for your help.

Reactions: m80
Glad you got it sorted.
And well done the door card is an awkward sod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom