• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Vito W447 2024 Model Alarm Fault

tank531

Car
F25
Just in case others have the same problem - my 5 day old 2024 model W447 Vito alarm has been triggered several occasions each day since day 2. For no reason, but usually within 15 mins of locking the alarm will sound (no hazards flashing) and sometimes the one key press will silence and reset, but other occasions it has taken 5 mins for the alarm to be silenced with multiple key presses & door openings but I am not certain if the key is resetting the alarm or if it is doing it at random.

Standard dealer reply 'it did not do that when in the compound before collection, but will raise the issue with MB UK'.

The 2024 model is very different to the 2020 version I previously had including the alarm interior movement sensor in the back of the van.

Just in case others have the same problem - my 5 day old 2024 model W447 Vito alarm has been triggered several occasions each day since day 2. For no reason, but usually within 15 mins of locking the alarm will sound (no hazards flashing) and sometimes the one key press will silence and reset, but other occasions it has taken 5 mins for the alarm to be silenced with multiple key presses & door openings but I am not certain if the key is resetting the alarm or if it is doing it at random.

Standard dealer reply 'it did not do that when in the compound before collection, but will raise the issue with MB UK'.

The 2024 model is very different to the 2020 version I previously had including the alarm interior movement sensor in the back of the van.
Hello and welcome.

Good luck with a solution for this. I had the same issue on my 2022 Vito. After reporting the same symptoms as yourself the dealer replaced the rear compartment interior movement sensor and cover. They tried to bill me £458.00 because they said I must have damaged it with overloading (which I most certainly didn't). After a heated debate they converted the invoice to a warranty claim.

Theres a log of what triggers the alarm. The dealer should be looking at that with Xentry Diagnosis. Look for spiders webs !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom