• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Vito W447 SCN codeing

ceselec

Car
Discovery Sport, Vito W447
Hi does anyone know of anyone that can SCN code a reverse camera in the Vito W447 near York ? I have just paid £200 to watch a screen for 5 hours at my local dealer proudly stating "come & see the van experts" having a radio changed then to be told "your reversing camera is no good " when I asked have you coded it in I get told "no need the radio sorts it out". I really should have known better as we have had three Vitos in for code work & failed each time :wallbash: Rant over Chris

The data card will need to be changed first. Your local MB dealer can do that for you. I can do an SCN code after that and also comand.co.uk can too.

Thanks for the offer but both a bit far from me, as regards local MB dealer doing data card thats what they have spent most of today trying to do (they cant even find the code) no joke !!! Chris

Out of interest does anyone know what the SCN code for the reversing camera is on the Vito (for some reason I have FR1 in my brain) I have access to a star diag & I may have a look to see exactly what has been done I assume I need to be in control units, radio, adaptations ? we can't do the coding with ours as it's a dealer spec unit & Merc took the developer mode off when updated

Hi does anyone know of anyone that can SCN code a reverse camera in the Vito W447 near York ? I have just paid £200 to watch a screen for 5 hours at my local dealer proudly stating "come & see the van experts" having a radio changed then to be told "your reversing camera is no good " when I asked have you coded it in I get told "no need the radio sorts it out". I really should have known better as we have had three Vitos in for code work & failed each time :wallbash: Rant over Chris
What radios were changed Audio 15 replacement and camera factory or other?

Out of interest does anyone know what the SCN code for the reversing camera is on the Vito (for some reason I have FR1 in my brain) I have access to a star diag & I may have a look to see exactly what has been done I assume I need to be in control units, radio, adaptations ? we can't do the coding with ours as it's a dealer spec unit & Merc took the developer mode off when updated

FR8 is reversing camera
B84/3 Backup camera
control modules RVC204_xxxxxx
I have looked at most menu of the all codings (variantenkodierung)
on w447 not coded camera yet menu available manual coding!

Hi KoFidee
My Vito was an early one (March 15) & came with an audio 10 unit this was changed lately for an audio 15 the camera is a Panasonic ntsc unit, have to admit I havn't had time to put it on star yet & have a look myself but its interesting that you mention a manual coding possibility

Thanks for that
Chris

Hi KoFidee
My Vito was an early one (March 15) & came with an audio 10 unit this was changed lately for an audio 15 the camera is a Panasonic ntsc unit, have to admit I havn't had time to put it on star yet & have a look myself but its interesting that you mention a manual coding possibility

Thanks for that
Chris
We need to talk you are not a million miles from Me!:rock:

That would be great, one of my customers has a depot in Hull that I travel to occasionally, next time I'm going I'll PM you & try & work something out :thumb:

@ceselec
Did you manage to get the camera working on Audio15 unit?

Gents, I am about to be in exactly the same situation when mine arrives shortly! Got a few things I want to add that I wasn't prepared to pay for and give to the lease company! KoFidee / Ceselec it would be good to get some tips from you.

Haven't found if you can PM on this forum yet.

@ceselec
Did you manage to get the camera working on Audio15 unit?

No not really had time van has been coded but camera but camera / radio still not playing ball, according to star & verified by local dealer I need a control unit to make everything talk to each other I had assumed it all worked through the can system. There is a dongle to make things work but this only works on the generation 1 audio 15 & not generation 2 now fitted, some of this information is from dealer & some from the net so could be a load of ***** but if anyone ever gets a camera working I would love to hear so

Chris

Last edited:
No not really had time van has been coded but camera but camera / radio still not playing ball, according to star & verified by local dealer I need a control unit to make everything talk to each other I had assumed it all worked through the can system. There is a dongle to make things work but this only works on the generation 1 audio 15 & not generation 2 now fitted, some of this information is from dealer & some from the net so could be a load of ***** but if anyone ever gets a camera working I would love to hear so

Chris
Did you not have factory camera option ?
there are two control units B84/8 & B84/

On rear tailgate version also N144 (controls pop down camera cover)

No when I go into star it attempts to communicate with B84/8 & fails (times out) giving one of the reasons that "an aftermarket unit may be fitted & control unit may not be installed" (from memory), if I get time I'll connect it again & get the exact term used but I,m in the middle of replacing our other 639 at mo so times a bit scarce

No when I go into star it attempts to communicate with B84/8 & fails (times out) giving one of the reasons that "an aftermarket unit may be fitted & control unit may not be installed" (from memory), if I get time I'll connect it again & get the exact term used but I,m in the middle of replacing our other 639 at mo so times a bit scarce

Seems the case the control units are dedicated for the camera and would not be fitted if not specced as they serve no other item..

hmm why did my previous pos have a number missing??
there are two control units B84/8 & B84/3

Hi, Im in Hull and just purchased a itoV W447 a lot like yours @KoFidee - but not quite as high spec.
I want to fit a reversing camera too. Not sure where to start to be honest.
I am also thinking of buying a second hand Becker Map Pilot. Should I just rip the head unit out and start again?

Hi, Im in Hull and just purchased a itoV W447 a lot like yours @KoFidee - but not quite as high spec.
I want to fit a reversing camera too. Not sure where to start to be honest.
I am also thinking of buying a second hand Becker Map Pilot. Should I just rip the head unit out and start again?
p.m. me I will help you

Thanks, I don’t seem to have that option though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom