W124 Rad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jpskiller

Car
Wifes
As you may know I broke the top hose connector on my Rad, tried a repair that failed so I'm looking for a used Rad for a 85-88 300e with A/C

cheers

As you may know I broke the top hose connector on my Rad, tried a repair that failed so I'm looking for a used Rad for a 85-88 300e with A/C

cheers

Simal here on the forum's breaking a 124, he may well have the rad still?

I've got one...send me a PM and I acn give you the price......I take it your 300E is an auto and not an extreamly rare manual>??

did the same thing with my W126... also had to have a new rad.. what a silly design.. should be reinforced at the sleeves...

Personally I would buy a new one. Not too expensive and you know its good for many thousands of miles. Older rads altho perfectly functional will probably have suffered some internal corrosion and possible partial blockage of cooling passages. There's always the spectre of the auto-transmission fluid being contaminated with coolant if the heat exchanger in the radiator was to spring a leak. The price fades into insignificance in relation to a new autobox IMHO.

You can get a Danish-made Nissens from GSF or Euro Car Parts for about £120 all in -- a third of the price of an MB OEM rad. I've had two fitted to different M103 cars and have experienced no problems three and two years out respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom