W164 Retrofit Xenon with high leveling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

westberliner

Car
W204
Hello togehter,

we have here a W164 with H7 lights, it´s not the burner, I want to retrofit Xenon with Active Curvelight.

I bought already:

2x Xenon headlights
2x Leveling sensor for the front and rear axle
1x Control Unit for automatic high leveling

Now, I try to understand the electric plan of retrofitting.
E1/E2 are the headlights, there should have already not changeable connectors from the H7 headlights.

N71 is the additional control unit for high leveling.

Pin 19: F4- Connecting to SAM rear on fuse 54.
Pin 20: Connecting to ground (or it´s mass in english?)
Pin 1: Can high (should find the co-driver connector with same colored wires)
Pin 2: Can low (should find the co-driver connector with same colored wires)
Pin 7,5,8,10,6,9: Directly connected to the leveling sensors
Pin 4: Connecting to the connector between the co-driver-room and engine-room (X25/2).

Pin 4 is my problem for understanding/reading correctly the wiremap. In the co-driver-room there are 3 connectors, I don´t know wich connector with wich pin I should connect the N71 ECU. Maybe someone can help me, to find the right connector?

Thank you very much in advance.

schalplan xenon w164.png

W164 Connectors.jpg

You will need to add headlamp washers aswell. Otherwise the car will fail an MOT.

Headlight washers will maybe retrofit as universal solution, because its very expensive to change whole front bumper.

I ordered the things and we made today a test construction with front and rear leveling sensors, the light sensing ecu and one xenon-headlight with curve light.

The xenon works, high beam, low beam works, the leveling sensor works also correctly with the xenon headlight.

I get only errors for curvelight. There is no communication of the wheel rotation speed from the esp ecu. I don´t know why, maybe a missing coding or so. Curvelight is not the main priority in this case, I will take a look after the main modification. Maybe I will show you some pics or make a short how to.

At last I will get you a important info:
You have to take a look, which car manfactoring year do you have and which headlights you will buy, there is a wire change of the headlights after 07/2007.

In this case here, we have a car after 07/2007, but the headlights is before 07/2007.

The main difference:

Before 07/2007 the headlights have only one data bus wire, directly connected to the light leveling ecu, which is needed. The light leveling ecu is connected to CAN-Bus. Your headlights have 2 ecus at the bottom. The leveling sensors on the front and rear axle are connected to the light leveling ecu.

After 07/2007 there is no more additional light leveling ecu. The CAN-Bus is directly connected to the headlights. You headlights has one ecu at the bottom. The light leveling sensors on the front and rear axle are directly connected to the left headlight.

Hope it is for somebody interessting.

Headlight washers will maybe retrofit as universal solution, because its very expensive to change whole front bumper.

Is this also mandatory for the Hauptuntersuchung in Germany?

We had successfully retrofit the whole Bi-Xenon system with active curvelight, high leveling from front- and rear-axle and the original headlight washing.

The errors from curvelight come from the only one connected headlight. With both connected, it works. The front bumper has marks on the back side for the flaps. The cool thing of w164 is, you can buy the flaps separatley, cut the wholes in the front bumper and clip in them. You don´t need a second bumper. The inner part is also already cutted for this. The washing fuel tank has to drill a whole, you need buy the washing pump and put in it. The tank are all the same only drilled for the car specials.

It´s all not the big problem for retrofitting, you have to plan 2-3 - depends on who often you work with ML ;)

If you have some questions, you can ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom