W202 C36 Pre-Facelift wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The add is very clear really, C36, no mention of rust in the MOT history and after a simple facelift misunderstanding; old style interior.
The only modification done to the c36 was the 4 speed box was replaced for a 5 speed and the dials are different apart from that everything else remains the same.
When the w202 was facelift the stop using m104 engine and started to use m112 and m113 ...

The only modification done to the c36 was the 4 speed box was replaced for a 5 speed and the dials are different apart from that everything else remains the same.
When the w202 was facelift the stop using m104 engine and started to use m112 and m113 ...

The switch gear changed from the W124 style to the W210 style + dash cluster changed slightly. Also passenger airbag added, all after first 2 MYs

The switch gear changed from the W124 style to the W210 style + dash cluster changed slightly. Also passenger airbag added, all after first 2 MYs
Yeah when they introduced the 5 speed box they done that and added the TCS button.

Soz dude but like I said the interior changed to the W210 style from the W124/W201. I am after the early model before that happened hence the pre-facelift comment. If you want to be pedantic about it you could say there is a facelift C36 considering the interior update.

The add is very clear really
Oh yes, crystal clear - in the OP you were asking for:

1. A facelift (there was no facelift C36 only mild tweaks)

2. An estate (there were no C36 estates)

3. Has to have no history of rust on old MOT’s (on a model that was at the peak of Mercedes rust era)

I tried to be helpful in my post because, based on the above criteria, it sounded like you didn’t have a clue about the C36 whatsoever.

All the best in your search.

Soz dude but like I said the interior changed to the W210 style from the W124/W201. I am after the early model before that happened hence the pre-facelift comment. If you want to be pedantic about it you could say there is a facelift C36 considering the interior update.
There isn't a facelift c36 and the interior remains the same apart from some buttons and stuff like that...
The only change the c36 ever had was the switch from a 4speed vacuum operated gearbox to a more modern 5 speed electronic operated one hence the change of the switch gear.

There isn't a facelift c36 and the interior remains the same apart from some buttons and stuff like that...
The only change the c36 ever had was the switch from a 4speed vacuum operated gearbox to a more modern 5 speed electronic operated one hence the change of the switch gear.
Apparently according to you there was no change except for the box. Clearly wrong as the entire interior was updated, down to the change in the seats from spring to foam. The interior bit is the bit I care about in this context, it might not be important to you but I care about it. I prefer the squared off switches, the spring seats, the fact that the aircon adjustment wheel doesn't have the little click points when you turn it. There is such a thing as an interior face lift.

3. Has to have no history of rust on old MOT’s (on a model that was at the peak of Mercedes rust era)

I tried to be helpful in my post because, based on the above criteria, it sounded like you didn’t have a clue about the C36 whatsoever.

1. I asked for a pre facelift and I promptly explained I meant the interior.

2. I said ether would be fine but I take on board C36 might not have come in a wagon configuration, I am not the be all and end all of MB knowledge.
3. I've been driving pre 1996 MB's for more than a decade now and I know as much as the next guy the issues with rust, we all know them. Hence I am looking for one with no rust history, not easy admittedly but not impossible either. If I needed rust comments I would have asked if the w202 chassis is prone to rusting, but I didn't did I?

1. I asked for a pre facelift and I promptly explained I meant the interior.

2. I said ether would be fine but I take on board C36 might not have come in a wagon configuration, I am not the be all and end all of MB knowledge.
3. I've been driving pre 1996 MB's for more than a decade now and I know as much as the next guy the issues with rust, we all know them. Hence I am looking for one with no rust history, not easy admittedly but not impossible either. If I needed rust comments I would have asked if the w202 chassis is prone to rusting, but I didn't did I?
My friend I been driving Mercedes benz even before I own a driving licence and I've had in excess over 50 of them whose which half or more been pre 1996 so please we might know a bit about the matter...

Goo
My friend I been driving Mercedes benz even before I own a driving licence and I've had in excess over 50 of them whose which half or more been pre 1996 so please we might know a bit about the matter...
Good for you. You should therefore know the importance of finding a rust free example. It's daft to say they ALL have the tin worm blanket statement.

IMG-20191108-WA0018.jpg I know this one for sale for the right price 1 of rust free .

Last edited:
I'm guessing import right? If so, would need to come with reliable history to verify millage and service records prior to being imported and thereafter
That’s the car, not an import - original UK ordered vehicle :cool:

Reactions: SG1
I'm guessing import right? If so, would need to come with reliable history to verify millage and service records prior to being imported and thereafter
It was imported from Kazakhstan and previous owner was Ali G...

Risking being flamed for not adding anything constructive to the thread, I respect you desire for an early C36, rust free at that.
I think the change over from W124/W210 type switches to W210 style was mid 95' for the 96' model year.
Good luck with your search and if I see any nice early ones I will keep you in mind.

Any excuse for me to pic whore my C36...

JJP_1704 by Notwens, on Flickr

JJP_1667 by Notwens, on Flickr

JJP_1963 by Notwens, on Flickr

(My C36 is an early square button, supplied in May 95, never had any welding done since it left Germany, full traceable ownership history, 4 owners inc. me)

Risking being flamed for not adding anything constructive to the thread, I respect you desire for an early C36, rust free at that.
I think the change over from W124/W210 type switches to W210 style was mid 95' for the 96' model year.
Good luck with your search and if I see any nice early ones I will keep you in mind.

Any excuse for me to pic whore my C36...

JJP_1704 by Notwens, on Flickr

JJP_1667 by Notwens, on Flickr

JJP_1963 by Notwens, on Flickr

(My C36 is an early square button, supplied in May 95, never had any welding done since it left Germany, full traceable ownership history, 4 owners inc. me)
Whore away dude, love the interior! I must admit there is something about the cloth interior that makes it much more appealing to me over leather. The black/grey leather is just so dull, every car has it these days where as the funky cloth with checker board or herring bone (mine has black herring bone pattern) are something special! I even love the slightly garish multi colour ones, they feel like the swan song of 1980' car interiors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom