W202 C36 Pre-Facelift wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's rust and there is rust. The facelift w202 sideskirts (c43 included) were water traps and the body undercoating was not as thick plus the metals used were not as good as the pre facelift so structural rust was more likely to take hold. Pre facelifts generally all suffer rust to some degree but not as structural. I've seen c36s with rust on every single exterior panel but solid underneath but also c43s with minimal panel rust but sills completely gone under the skirts !

There's rust and there is rust. The facelift w202 sideskirts (c43 included) were water traps and the body undercoating was not as thick plus the metals used were not as good as the pre facelift so structural rust was more likely to take hold. Pre facelifts generally all suffer rust to some degree but not as structural. I've seen c36s with rust on every single exterior panel but solid underneath but also c43s with minimal panel rust but sills completely gone under the skirts !
In my experience the pre facelift models are much more solid. I would not mind having to replace the odd wing but I wouldn't want to be dealing with mounting points and floor pans etc.

I once saw a jap c36 being broken with the green polyester Mr Motivator material on the seats ! Hideous, but strangely desirable :) Fully electric, heated and orthopaedic, crazy !

Early square button C36, still has the early one piece AMG boot badge & ginger side repeaters. Nothing scary on the MOT history and priced to leave room to improve.

M359ODA C36 AMG on eBay

M359ODA.jpg

Priced with room to move but I can see a fair bit more than just a missing bonnet badge and scuffs. ABS light on, battery light on, rust starting underneath the paint on that passenger front wing. Still looks very presentable and a lot better than most for sale given the price too.

Actually if I ever got a blue c36 that needed some interior work I’d like to replicate it. Makes a special car even more so imo

Thats up for £50k LOL

See this thread for this particular C36 AMG'S sale history:

Was originally up for sale at £16.5k and im sure this 'popular' current seller paid considerably less.

Haha jokers. For that price it should have 6700 not 67k miles. It has an appalling interior also
We not talking about your cls Karl.

OP - Not sure if this one is early enough for you. I do not know enough to tell, but its a 95 car. No interior pics to tell by switch gear. I'm sure others on here would know. MOT history seems odd so I assume the plate has been changed off something else:dk:

We not talking about your cls Karl.

tumblr_mtjckgab4G1qb05aco1_250.gif

OP - Not sure if this one is early enough for you. I do not know enough to tell, but its a 95 car. No interior pics to tell by switch gear. I'm sure others on here would know. MOT history seems odd so I assume the plate has been changed off something else:dk:

Looks like it's not been MOT'd since 2014, the MOT history of TDO996 ties in with the claimed mileage. no mention of MOT on the advert, only "old MOT's"
Registered in November 95, so likely the later switch style.

Looks like it's not been MOT'd since 2014, the MOT history of TDO996 ties in with the claimed mileage. no mention of MOT on the advert, only "old MOT's"
Registered in November 95, so likely the later switch style.

Yeah I saw that last MOT was done in 2013. The mileage then though was 54,373. Advert says 52,000, not much different, but it can't have dropped. It's a poorly written advert though so maybe its not been looked at properly. Also says the car is black, but it looks blue to me. May just be my dodgy eyes. That's why I thought plate may have been changed over from another C Class :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom