• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W202 C55 AMG - Front spoiler logo?????

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
Did W202 C55 AMG have the small AMG logo fitted onto front spoiler like C36 had?
I think but I'm not sure if I have seen C55's with the same front spoiler logo fitted from factory?
Can anyone verify if this is correct for the C55?

I have attached a photo of the C36 AMG.

Attachments

• AMG - Front spoiler logo.jpg
    AMG - Front spoiler logo.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 22
Only the early C36 style front bumpers had this The C43/C55 front bumper has a curved lower centre bar which doesn't work correctly with a badge.

only the c36 had the logo, bumpers on the later (c43/55) weren't as flat as Karl said above so no logo

don't forget the w124 then, same design bumper as the c36 and came with the logo :)

They were actually slight different logos too. The early pre-facelift W202 C36 used the version with the flat lettering and black background...
Screenshot_2022-09-13-20-48-54-71_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

The facelift models like the C43 and C55 variants used the newer 3D lettering and ditched the background...
AMG-1-LOGO-01.jpeg

Yes my Jan 95 c36 has the badges on both bumpers, no idea re the c55.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm fairly sure to 150% that I have seen a C55 AMG for sale many years ago on German auto site with the AMG front logo but I'm not 100% sure. 🙃:wallbash:

I found the parts number for this logo and ordered one, it looks the same as the one Roger Sausage inserted with black background.

HWA1045840143

The top part on C43/C55 front spoiler is flat and should be possible to place the logo.
Should fit don't you think see inserted photo, the AMG logo is not a large sized piece?

Logo placed approx 1 to 2 cm further in from the edge, I believe it should work?

Attachments

• C55 AMG Front Logo.jpg
    C55 AMG Front Logo.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It would probably work there, but not really meant to. I'd say that if you'd seen one on a C55 it was probably added later, as mentioned earlier, the badge with the black background is too early for a C43/55 facelifted W202.

The only external change from a C43 to a C55 was the adoption of the "Avantgarde" grille as standard.

It would probably work there, but not really meant to. I'd say that if you'd seen one on a C55 it was probably added later, as mentioned earlier, the badge with the black background is too early for a C43/55 facelifted W202.

The only external change from a C43 to a C55 was the adoption of the "Avantgarde" grille as standard.

the photo you added before with the badge held in the hand, this was the pre-face lift logo.
did AMG make a face lift badge in the same size

the photo you added before with the badge held in the hand, this was the pre-face lift logo.
did AMG make a face lift badge in the same size
I don't think they did no, as the cars that followed never had any badges beyond the one on the boot lid. Only thing similar was on the G-Wagon AMG model that had a decal above the side repeater...

IMG_20220914_182613.jpg

The only option similar would be the one as used in newer S-Class saloon and coupes...
Screenshot_2022-09-14-18-31-37-69_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg
It's the newer style font though with the trailing edge of the A being vertical rather than angled, so not "period correct" again.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming.

You're correct, the new badges don't look period correct for our cars.
Wouldn't look good on the boot!

Do you know if MB still sell the old font boot badges for C43/C55 ///AMG or is it like everything else for W202 AMG meaning NLA?
W202 and W203 AMG cars shared the same font?

I've never actually tried to be honest, I'd assume that the part number for our W202 version supercedes to the current one. Saying that though, I would've thought there'd be sufficient demand for the old style one so it may still be available. Especially as popular cars like the W204 C63 still used the older one.

Just had a look on EPC @noogieman, and neither of the 2 listed part numbers for the correct older style (facelift W202) font AMG boot badges are listed on a Mercedes-Benz Classic parts search online.

The numbers are:
HWA2108170215 & A2208170815.

There's still some old stock on eBay.

If you search for a C63 on EPC, the badge part number supercedes to A0008170414, which is the current font. I guess that's what you get if you order an AMG badge at the dealer now, regardless of whether it's the correct font or not.

Just had a look on EPC @noogieman, and neither of the 2 listed part numbers for the correct older style (facelift W202) font AMG boot badges are listed on a Mercedes-Benz Classic parts search online.

The numbers are:
HWA2108170215 & A2208170815.

There's still some old stock on eBay.

If you search for a C63 on EPC, the badge part number supercedes to A0008170414, which is the current font. I guess that's what you get if you order an AMG badge at the dealer now, regardless of whether it's the correct font or not.

Thanks for looking up the partsnumbers.

I have new boot badges still unopened in plastic but they are from flea-bay.
Probably made in China?
They look period correct but are not genuine, don't know what is different in design between fake and OE badges?

I've seen matte black AMG badges for our cars on flea-bay, these faux badges look sinister on silver cars

Probably not much difference in reality, although the chrome is probably quicker to tarnish on the Chinese badges, a bit like the star on cheap centre caps.

Probably not much difference in reality, although the chrome is probably quicker to tarnish on the Chinese badges, a bit like the star on cheap centre caps.

I won't put them on.
Will keep the car discrete as ein wölfe im schafspelz clothing ;)
Although it's not a very discrete car, it's very loud! :oops:

^ this. Fwiw the pre facelift w210 E55 AMG had the low badge on the front bumper too. Just looking for extra nerd points ;)

Something like this?

Attachments

• E60 AMG Front Logo.jpg
    E60 AMG Front Logo.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 13
Was also on the E36 (W124 & W210)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom