W204.0 No gps signal - quandary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gyrothex

Car
2011 (MY2012) C220 Sport W204
Hi folks,

First post so be gentle ;-)

I’m trying to solve what I thought was a straightforward issue with my MY2012 W204....Satnav stopped receiving signals (checked via engineering menu, no sats shown) so thought it would be the usual suspect, a duff roof aerial.

I’ve today tried two generic brand new aerials, plugged directly into the back of the Comand NTG4.5 unit (white bottom left connector), placed the aerials on the roof and the HU is still showing no satellite reception with the new aerials as well. I reset/cycled the HU between each aerial.

My questions are...

Am I correct in thinking that any Fakra terminated aerial should work and it doesn’t need to be an OEM aerial?

Should I try connecting at the rear c-pillar roof aerial to adapter box connection point? I don’t think that’d make any difference as I thought the OEM retrofit aerial plugs directly to HU and aerial gets affixed under roof of instrument binnacle.

The thing that’s throwing me is that in the engineering menu diagnostics, the OEM roof aerial shows as ‘OK’, but the two generic aerials give a ‘NG’ (presumably ‘no good’), and I get no satellites shown for all three.

Do you think I need to resort to main dealer to get them to look for specific fault codes that would pinpoint the issue directly or is there something else I could try?

Any advice welcome as I hoped this would be an easy fix.

Lee

Yes the white Fakra. Willing to give that a go, if it could be returned if it doesn't do the trick as lots to spend on spec so to speak, especially if I have to replace the whole blooming' unit!! Ouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom