W204 C63 ESP Module replacement part

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TurbineT

Car
W204 C63 AMG Saloon
Hello There

Ok so unfortunately just had my w204 2008 C63 on the STAR diagnostics at the dealership and my ESP control unit needs replacing, they have quoted me £1180 with fitting. Is there anywhere I can find the parts cheaper? Only asking in case my warranty tries not to pay me out.

Thanks

Jack

Hello There

Ok so unfortunately just had my w204 2008 C63 on the STAR diagnostics at the dealership and my ESP control unit needs replacing, they have quoted me £1180 with fitting. Is there anywhere I can find the parts cheaper? Only asking in case my warranty tries not to pay me out.

Thanks

Jack
Ask them to try an update first

This is the electrics part covered in my warranty, would you guys say that this pretty much covers it.

Electrics  The following components are covered: Alternator, battery control modules & battery cooling systems, central locking solenoids and motors, electric door mirror motors, electric drive inverters & converters & control module, electric traction motors, electric window motors, electric sunroof motors, engine cooling fan motors, front & rear screen wiper motors, horn, indicator flasher relay, interior fan motor, starter motor and relays.

Electronic control units (ECUs) & computers  The following components are covered: The air conditioning, anti-lock braking system, automatic gearbox, central door locking system, fuel injection/ignition/engine management/alarm/ immobiliser, steering and suspension electronic control units (computers), that were originally fitted to your vehicle when it was first manufactured are covered (upgraded or revised software and firmware, including software and firmware patches and updates, relating directly or indirectly to any components of your vehicle and any retro-fitted ECUs & computers are not covered).

Sounds as if the unit is covered. :) A replacement unit may need to be coded to the car-not sure?

Sounds as if the unit is covered. :) A replacement unit may need to be coded to the car-not sure?

Yes mate, it has to be done at the dealer, but the warranty are happy for Mercedes to do the job. Find out more info tomorrow, but looks pretty good to me if i'm honest :)

Guy said at Mercedes the ESP modules itself a quite rare for them to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom