• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 Hot braking vibration and shuddering (Advice please)

Just a quick update on this one, the Vibration is back just as before after the brakes bed back in again, i contacted Brembo directly with the complete history of this, all the photo's and evidence of purchase and pitting etc. this was weeks ago and they to date have chosen to completely ignore me, really really disappointing, perhaps i shouldn't have expected different.

It only serves I will never buy their products again if i can help it and i cannot recommend them to anyone, products or customer service.

I will be swapping out to Genuine Mercedes next week and hopefully i can warranty these discs and pads back with the supplier.

I went back to Euro Car Parts today and explained the issues, without hesitation they have warrantied the discs and pads for me and i now have Pagid all round, lets see if these ones behave.

If not its off to Mercedes for genuine parts

Give the hub face a good polish before putting new discs on. If you didnt already.

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue with zimmerman front breaks; were you able to identify the problem and resolve it ?

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue with zimmerman front breaks; were you able to identify the problem and resolve it ?
After 3 years I'd like to think so. Basically what you need to do is change the discs , polish up the hub before fitting, I'd also recommend pads that have a slot in the centre , not the solid type .

Changed discs for the second time for the last 6 month. it only helps for a 1 month before vibration come back

Changed discs for the second time for the last 6 month. it only helps for a 1 month before vibration come back

Check operation of caliper pistons for sticking,check for split seals and rust. Check brake caliper slide pins , remove ,clean , lubricate with white lithium grease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom