• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 Suspension upgrade (320 CDI Wagon)

HopsNE

Car
W204 C320 CDi
Hi folks
im just about to order B4 dampers (sport version) matched with eibach springs, will these fit a ‘comfort’ chassis elegance without further mods and are strut bearings etc the same across chassis setups please?

Yes Eibach Pro kit springs and Billy B4 ( Sport ) dampers are a good match , I've them on a VW wagon .

16586-bilstein-b4-+-pro-kit_700x700.jpg

Upon renewal I'd go the same for the S204 .

What Eibach and Bilstein part numbers have you so far ?

Yes Eibach Pro kit springs and Billy B4 ( Sport ) dampers are a good match , I've them on a VW wagon .

View attachment 113221

Upon renewal I'd go the same for the S204 .

What Eibach and Bilstein part numbers have you so far ?
Thanks for speedy reply Gaz I’m going for these damper model numbers Bilstein 4x B4 Car Shock Absorbers High OEM Quality 22-240675 24-166522

That's correct , obviously two of each and the Eibach Pro # ?
Yep that’s the ones Gaz, hoping it settles the car down as v floaty and boat like since remap 😂 are top mounts bearings common across the range do you know please?

And these are the eibachs: EIBACH Pro Kit Springs 25/25mm Mercedes Benz C-Class w204 Coupe e10-25-019-04-22

Make sure you give us before and after shots , let it settle though .

Measure the actual front and rear drops from ground to arch and based upon that consider wheel alignment .

Make sure you give us before and after shots , let it settle though .

Measure the actual front and rear drops from ground to arch and based upon that consider wheel alignment .
Will do thanks for your help 👍

Found a nice feature about the 204 having special dual rate Dampmatic dampers .

Bilstein-2-suspension-feb-perf.jpg

Great that, cheers! Spooky as my AUTODOC package turned up with my B4’s today...gutted can’t get them fitted until 19th June but good news is my rear subframe is solid 👍

Snap , the old boys Autodoc Brembo's and Ferodo Eco Friction turned up too .

Jenolite and XCP products ordered yesterday to tackle the subframe .

Subframes rot from the inside so I'd be inclined to .

extension4-xpt (1).jpg

Last edited:
From what I have read I’m pretty sure the eibach kit lowers 30mm all round on stock comfort chassis, by going OE B4 sport spec (shorter dampers?) and these I was hoping for a subtle drop and front has reduced by c.9mm which is great hence I’m confused by the slammed rear? Could the indie have forgotten to install the spring pads (would the springs even fit without these?) or am I needing to get the 17mm spring plates, I’m handy at building mountain bikes and stuff from scratch but no mechanic....is this a DIY fix potentially?

Any help much appreciated please as my family wagon looks CAF but worried about clearance when loaded up for camping trips etc. 😬

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom