• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W205 C63s Service History Acceptable ?

TW666

Car
2020 C63s Coupe w205
Official MB Dealer C63s from 2018 I’m looking at has had engine oil/filter done every year and brake fluid & dust filter every 2 years.
However the 3 year items such as auto transmission oil/filter, rear axle oil and spark plugs have not been changed at all at 5 1/2 years old.
The car has only done around 16000 miles.
How much of a problem is this for long term reliability and am I correct that these items are time based not mileage based ?
Having looked at a few official dealer cars now it seems common for owners to skip these type of items if annual mileage is low and yet they still come with 2 year AMG warranty.
Any help appreciated.

Official MB Dealer C63s from 2018 I’m looking at has had engine oil/filter done every year and brake fluid & dust filter every 2 years.
However the 3 year items such as auto transmission oil/filter, rear axle oil and spark plugs have not been changed at all at 5 1/2 years old.
The car has only done around 16000 miles.
How much of a problem is this for long term reliability and am I correct that these items are time based not mileage based ?
Having looked at a few official dealer cars now it seems common for owners to skip these type of items if annual mileage is low and yet they still come with 2 year AMG warranty.
Any help appreciated.
It will probably be OK. I wouldn’t want the spark plugs to be in there for any longer though, I’d make those and the outstanding service items a condition of sale.

Not just a low mileage thing, the less frequent age/mileage related additional items are missed on most privately owned cars because they’re relatively expensive.

Even when relatively new, spark plugs, transmission, fuel filter and coolant are routinely skipped in favour of an oil change, when they’re older that gets irregular too.

It will probably be OK. I wouldn’t want the spark plugs to be in there for any longer though, I’d make those and the outstanding service items a condition of sale.

Not just a low mileage thing, the less frequent age/mileage related additional items are missed on most privately owned cars because they’re relatively expensive.

Even when relatively new, spark plugs, transmission, fuel filter and coolant are routinely skipped in favour of an oil change, when they’re older that gets irregular too.
Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom