W205 Sound system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mekiz79

Car
2018 W205 C300d Coupe
Hi all, I am new to the forums.

I recently purchased a 2018 C300d coupe, and i love the car but I think the sound system is crap, it has 7 speakers but seems very front heavy with only 2 speakers in the rear side panels. And it's not that loud, even at max volume I feel like I'd like it to be a bit louder.

My questions are as follows:

Does anyone have some tips on what I can upgrade to improve things?

I was thinking of buying from ebay a replacement parcel shelf with the speaker cut outs (presumably from a bermister model) so I could add two more speakers, would it be easy to wire them in or is it a whole big job?

Or, would just replacing the rear panel speakers with some decent aftermarket ones make a difference, and if so, would I need an amp to improve things?

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hi all, I am new to the forums.

I recently purchased a 2018 C300d coupe, and i love the car but I think the sound system is crap, it has 7 speakers but seems very front heavy with only 2 speakers in the rear side panels. And it's not that loud, even at max volume I feel like I'd like it to be a bit louder.

My questions are as follows:

Does anyone have some tips on what I can upgrade to improve things?

I was thinking of buying from ebay a replacement parcel shelf with the speaker cut outs (presumably from a bermister model) so I could add two more speakers, would it be easy to wire them in or is it a whole big job?

Or, would just replacing the rear panel speakers with some decent aftermarket ones make a difference, and if so, would I need an amp to improve things?

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

It would help if you stated the System you have Installed! 🤔 :rolleyes:

Oh sorry I didn't know there were different systems in this car. All I know is its not the burmester system, has 4 speakers in the front doors (2 tweeters and 2 larger ones) and 2 in the back side panels and 1 in the front dash behind the screen. I dont know if there is a subwoofer installed anywhere.

It has the larger screen. I have the Amg line premium edition.

I've uploaded some photos of the speakers that I know of! :D

Attachments

• 20200704_123518.jpg
    20200704_123518.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200704_123651.jpg
    20200704_123651.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 20200706_122734.jpg
    20200706_122734.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
I've uploaded some photos of the speakers that I know of! :D

I have the Burmeister and I was under the impression that P+ all came with that! I also have two large speakers behind the Rear Headrests, I can see you point regarding lack of Oomph from the back!

I can adjust mine, so more rear level than front and although I don't think its the best System in the World I could make myself deaf if I pumped it up enough, have you tried any adjustments? 🤔

Mine is just the premium not premium plus. I've tinkered around with the settings and it doesn't make much difference. Yeah i don't have the rear speakers in the parcel shelf area so its definitely not the burmester system.

I put my VIN number in on mbdecoder.com and it says I have COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5 so I assume that is the system installed.

Mine is just the premium not premium plus. I've tinkered around with the settings and it doesn't make much difference. Yeah i don't have the rear speakers in the parcel shelf area so its definitely not the burmester system.

I put my VIN number in on mbdecoder.com and it says I have COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5 so I assume that is the system installed.

I'm still puzzled that there are no Rear Speakers, it's not that there isn't room for them! 🤔 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know, i looked on ebay and someone is selling the rear parcel shelf for a w205 with the speaker cut outs and the speakers too, its just wiring them in might not be that straight forward!

Done a bit of research and it looks like my system is the midline one, so it has 9 speakers! 1 centre, 2 midrange front door + 2 tweeters. 2 in the rear panels and 2 sub woofers in the footwells.

Like i said, it is very front heavy. Unless you put the fader to the rear it is impossible to hear sound from behind you only from in front.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200706-170512_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200706-170512_Drive.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom