• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W210 e320 transmission

Mbw2101

Car
W210 e320
Hi there I have a w210 e320 when I switched my headlight on the transmission goes in to limp mode and as soon as I switch the lights of it is fine has anyone heard of this before

when you get around to scanning it, you'll likely find low voltage codes all over the place. I expect that your battery is on the way and the electronics in your gearbox don't like it when there's an extra load from the headlights.

Or it may be the Alternator.

Any garage should be able to check this and the battery.

Thanks for reply
Think I have found the issue led side lights bulb put standard one in and seems OK I did check alternator and battery
Alternator was 14.6 battery was 14.1 when started don't no if that means any thing

Your alternator and battery are in good shape with those readings - in fact 14.1v for the battery sounds high. Was that measured across the battery before starting the engine?

It is a Cople year old car starts straight away and tried switching everything on and seams fine until I switch lights on

Your alternator and battery are in good shape with those readings - in fact 14.1v for the battery sounds high. Was that measured across the battery before starting the engine?
That was when started

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom