• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 gear shift problem.

Striker99

Car
E320 cdi
2007 E class. 3.0 auto.
I’ve suddenly found that if I stop my car in drive, then want to reverse (or put it in park), I cannot push the level forward from neutral to reverse or park. I have to turn the engine off while in neutral, restart the engine, then lever will move into reverse or park without a problem. Any ideas please ?

2007 E class. 3.0 auto.
I’ve suddenly found that if I stop my car in drive, then want to reverse (or put it in park), I cannot push the level forward from neutral to reverse or park. I have to turn the engine off while in neutral, restart the engine, then lever will move into reverse or park without a problem. Any ideas please ?
Iffy selector switch? As per usual protocol, read the codes.

Iffy selector switch? As per usual protocol, read the codes
I’ve only got a small icarsoft code reader which Im sure is limited. Only codes I get relate to heater plugs and volume air sensor.
How big a job Is changing the gear selector switch please ?

I’ve only got a small icarsoft code reader which Im sure is limited. Only codes I get relate to heater plugs and volume air sensor.
How big a job Is changing the gear selector switch please ?
Have you tried the iCarsoft yet? I have the multi-car one and it is pretty good at pulling codes.
If it is the switch, I think it pretty straightforward, but obviously, you need to know for sure what the issue is first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom