w212 e class 2014 facelift, (front left malfunction consult workshop)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joeward1

Car
e class
Hi all,

Just after some advise really. My w212 E class came up with the message (front left malfunction consult workshop), i have seen online that its most prob the passenager seat ocupancy sensor. How ever, the seat detects a person in the chair and if they take there seat belt off while driver it flashes on the dash and the chimeing starts. there also isnt any air bags lights on the dash at all at any time aswell. One person said to still change the sensor but dont really wanna spend 50 quid on it if its not going to change as it already detects someone in the chair.

Many thanks in advance. malf.jpg <<<<<<<<<<<< NOT MY CAR BUT A PICTURE I PULLED FROM THE INTERNET FOR REFERENCE.

Attachments

• malf.jpg
    malf.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 0
Hello,

I had the same problem on my car last year.
The cause was frayed cabling underneath the passenger and drivers seats (I had two error messages).

Check to see if there aren’t any loose cables which have become unplugged.

I had mine fixed by Wayne Gates in Harrow which doesn’t look that for for you. They did it within two hours.

Thanks,

Jay

Nah there not to far, i did check the connectors under there and unplugged the ocupancy sensor and the seat belt sensor, cleaned them up with spray and replugged in but still same message. How much did they charge you if you dont mind me asking?

Nah there not to far, i did check the connectors under there and unplugged the ocupancy sensor and the seat belt sensor, cleaned them up with spray and replugged in but still same message. How much did they charge you if you dont mind me asking?
Hi it was £90x2

Blimey, aint a cheap fix then. Im going to check all the connectors tomorrow and clean them all. thanks for your reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom