• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W212 E Class

RSTurbo50

Car
BMW 330d M Sport Touring X Drive
Hi guys,,

Looking to buy a W212 E Class. My preference is the AMG Sport or AMG Night Edition. Looking at 2015/2016 cars with good service history, low owners and a good MOT History. Its a real mindfield out there, so many cars but knowing which are genuinely good examples, without physically seeing them all is really difficult.

Putting the registrations into MOT History, the vast majority have had not so good histories. Im doing on average 350-400 miles a week so looking for the best mile muncher. Not too fussed on colour, cant have black alloys (not for me), below 90k miles, not too fussed whether it would be an E220, E250 or E350. Is the E350 CDi much worse on fuel compared to its 4 cylinder brother? Not looking to pay over the odds, prices are all over the place but budget is between £13k and £14500k......

Anything to really look out for? Just want a comfortable motorway cruiser than returns excellent MPG....is the late 2015/2016 Euro 6 example the best to go for?

Hello

If it's MPG you are looking for I would look after a 220/250, as for problems I've seen plenty of people reporting issues with AdBlue system.
You are doing a decent amount of miles though, so you might be ok.

I am mentioning the amount of miles you do because if it's not used AdBlue can transform into crystals which block the injector nozzle.

Let us know what you find in your car search;)

Personally I’d go for the the 350CDI and definitely a pre AdBlue vehicle. Not a great difference in fuel consumption but huge difference in performance as for me the 350CDI engine is a real peach.
Sport version with a sunroof a winner IMHO.
Good luck in your search.

Hi guys,,

Looking to buy a W212 E Class. My preference is the AMG Sport or AMG Night Edition. Looking at 2015/2016 cars with good service history, low owners and a good MOT History. Its a real mindfield out there, so many cars but knowing which are genuinely good examples, without physically seeing them all is really difficult.

Putting the registrations into MOT History, the vast majority have had not so good histories. Im doing on average 350-400 miles a week so looking for the best mile muncher. Not too fussed on colour, cant have black alloys (not for me), below 90k miles, not too fussed whether it would be an E220, E250 or E350. Is the E350 CDi much worse on fuel compared to its 4 cylinder brother? Not looking to pay over the odds, prices are all over the place but budget is between £13k and £14500k......

Anything to really look out for? Just want a comfortable motorway cruiser than returns excellent MPG....is the late 2015/2016 Euro 6 example the best to go for?
As others have said, avoid Adblue models.

It will be a case of when and how often you have issues and large invoices for repairs.

If you get an adblue, get it mapped out immediately. Also if you’re doing lots of motorway get a 350. It’s literally a different planet in terms of performance and refinement and it won’t use that much more fuel. It runs literally silent at 70/80 mph.

A good MOT history tells you nothing....other than the owner got it checked over/serviced before the MOT and got the faults put right. Exactly the same car could have a bad MOT history if the service was due after the MOT and then he fixed the advised or failed parts after the test. My car has a near perfect MOT history....because I was a tester I know what they look for and do a mock MOT first (except emissions).....does not mean it's not needed lots of work to get it through some years though! Take MOT history with a pinch of salt.

If you get an adblue, get it mapped out immediately. Also if you’re doing lots of motorway get a 350. It’s literally a different planet in terms of performance and refinement and it won’t use that much more fuel. It runs literally silent at 70/80 mph.
Grammar police!.....not literally....in either case!

The 250 is the efficient mile muncher (colleague has an estate) but allowing for 15 to 20% more fuel on a long run, the 350 is preferred.
350s are usually better spec'd as well

Get a Pano / double sunroof if you can

Beg all you like....it's still grammatically incorrect to use it like that.....literally!.....but this is way off topic and for a different thread.

Beg all you like....it's still grammatically incorrect to use it like that.....literally!.....but this is way off topic and for a different thread.
Whatever you say Mr English teacher.

I know the V6 Diesel is sublime, I had one in an E350 CDi Coupe a few years back. For example, If I do 400 miles a week, how much more fuel would I put in the E350 CDi in comparison to the E220/E250 CDi?

I think it would be at least 10mpg down on the 2.0L, even more if driving as efficiently as possible

Pre adblue means pre facelift which maybe not be what you want aesthetically, and it also means non ulez compliant… even if you don’t drive into the m25, resale value could be affected

I know the V6 Diesel is sublime, I had one in an E350 CDi Coupe a few years back. For example, If I do 400 miles a week, how much more fuel would I put in the E350 CDi in comparison to the E220/E250 CDi?
That depends on many factors

My E320 (same OM642 engine but lower power output ) can return 40mpg with ease on a motorway trip to Norfolk (210 miles) with cruise set at 75mph

A friend had a E Class Coupe with the 2.2 litre engine and on a similar trip he would average over 50mpg.

I have an E350 CDi (265hp variant). I get mid to upper 40s mpg cruising at 65mph on the motorway.

No stress on the engine whatsoever. It's just over 12 years old, 110k on the clock. Wonderful car and engine. Thoroughly recommended.

I had an E350 estate facelift with the adblue. Used to do 47mpg on a run 35 mpg around town. If you buy an estate make sure the rear air bags have been changed with a receipt.

As much as I do prefer the E350 with the V6 diesel, i also do some town work and I know the MPG will suffer as a result. Therefore, I have found an E250 on a 12 plate that Mercland have for sale in silver. Looks a nice car with an excellent history so I think with the better MPG, its the better choice for me....

I have an E350 CDi (265hp variant). I get mid to upper 40s mpg cruising at 65mph on the motorway.

No stress on the engine whatsoever. It's just over 12 years old, 110k on the clock. Wonderful car and engine. Thoroughly recommended.
Hi Jukie : Bet you car is faster than the responce cars the police use in your area.My C207E400 over the last 300 miles has averaged 27 mpg in mixed usage ( I live in a hilly area in Worcestershire ).On a long run I have achieved over 40 mpg and in Spain 50 mpg.

It's a model year 2016 and has done 44000 miles.

On a long run I have achieved over 40 mpg and in Spain 50 mpg.
How come 10mpg more
in Spain? 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom