W212 E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As much as I do prefer the E350 with the V6 diesel, i also do some town work and I know the MPG will suffer as a result. Therefore, I have found an E250 on a 12 plate that Mercland have for sale in silver. Looks a nice car with an excellent history so I think with the better MPG, its the better choice for me....
I’ve got a 2011 E250 S212 and I love it. Great for long distance but I’ve had no issues with shorter trips. Mines needed quite a few bits though so something to be aware of. It’s had new rear air bags, lines and a compressor mines an estate and on air at the back), fuel filter holder, engine and transmission mounts, water pump and transmission cooler. It’s funny in a way as all these bits seem known common failure points so hopefully mine should be ok now for a good while! The 250 has more than enough shove I find and it’s only really road noise you hear when cruising, the engine is pretty quiet, from inside at least. Engine and trans mounts seem to go at 50k miles but quite cheap to do and the difference was amazing. If you feel any vibration on the transmission tunnel with your hand they’re probably worth changing.

Hi Jukie : Bet you car is faster than the responce cars the police use in your area.My C207E400 over the last 300 miles has averaged 27 mpg in mixed usage ( I live in a hilly area in Worcestershire ).On a long run I have achieved over 40 mpg and in Spain 50 mpg.

It's a model year 2016 and has done 44000 miles.
Yep, having driven a number of the response vehicles in my service, I know what I'd rather drive and I'd certainly leave them behind in my Benz lol

I think he might mean the rear suspension air bags. They generally tend to sag on all estates with self levelling suspension after a few years.

That makes sense.

Is there a life expectancy?
They seem to go from 7 or 8 years old. But it’s not just the air bags, you have the lines and compressor also. You can get a repair kit for the compressor, though I got a refurbished one from Mercedes as I was tight on time.

Hi guys,,

Looking to buy a W212 E Class. My preference is the AMG Sport or AMG Night Edition. Looking at 2015/2016 cars with good service history, low owners and a good MOT History. Its a real mindfield out there, so many cars but knowing which are genuinely good examples, without physically seeing them all is really difficult.

Putting the registrations into MOT History, the vast majority have had not so good histories. Im doing on average 350-400 miles a week so looking for the best mile muncher. Not too fussed on colour, cant have black alloys (not for me), below 90k miles, not too fussed whether it would be an E220, E250 or E350. Is the E350 CDi much worse on fuel compared to its 4 cylinder brother? Not looking to pay over the odds, prices are all over the place but budget is between £13k and £14500k......

Anything to really look out for? Just want a comfortable motorway cruiser than returns excellent MPG....is the late 2015/2016 Euro 6 example the best to go for?
Not sure if you’re sorted yet but I’ve just listed my EClass 220d for sale on this forum. Full service history (nine stamps with the last one being Friday last week). 2014 facelift SE Premium model so it comes with panoramic sunroof, lumbar and memory on front seats, folding rear seats and full leather. Message me please if you want more details.

Not sure if you’re sorted yet but I’ve just listed my EClass 220d for sale on this forum. Full service history (nine stamps with the last one being Friday last week). 2014 facelift SE Premium model so it comes with panoramic sunroof, lumbar and memory on front seats, folding rear seats and full leather. Message me please if you want more details.
Thanks for the heads up but I am after an estate.

They seem to go from 7 or 8 years old. But it’s not just the air bags, you have the lines and compressor also. You can get a repair kit for the compressor, though I got a refurbished one from Mercedes as I was tight on time.

The ones on 212s seem to be much more prone to early-ish failure than the one on 211s. According to the bloke who looks after mine, they are prone to getting dirt trapped which eventually causes tiny pin pricks. Mine went on 11 years/75k miles. He said I was lucky - in his experience they rarely make it past 10.

AutoDoc/Arnotts was my solution. Much cheaper then they used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom