• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W212 E350 fuel filter replacement (charge pipe access problem)

btjtaylor

Car
S212 E350 CDI
Hi all

I have an E350 CDI blueeff (265hp model) and my next service item is the fuel filter - it is overdue and really should've been done on the service last year (4 years) according to the service history

After having a bit of a read I can see why a lazier garage (or cheaper customer) might not bother to do it,

The main potential issue seems to be with the metal charge pipe that goes over the top of the engine. It has a resonator which is in the way of getting the fuel filter out

There seems to be 2 methods:

1 - Remove the charge pipe
2 - Loosen some bolts and maneuver the fuel filter towards the turbo and out the way (E350CDI W212 fuel filter replacement problem)

I think I will try the method without removing the pipe first as it seems others have had leaks from the o rings on this pipe after removing it (e.g. E350Cdi - OM642 Turbo Charge Pipe Leak | Engine)

If I do need up ending to remove and refit the pipe I would like to be able to renew the seals when I do it - does anyone know the part number of the seals?

I think the top side of the pipe (green o-ring) is A0289974548 but struggling to find part code for lower side

Thanks in advance
Ben

Last edited:

See post no. 13, courtesy of MrGreedy.

Any help?

Ordered the O rings for both sides of this pipe (A0279974745 and A0149976445) from www.lllparts.co.uk - total price €14.69 inc delivery

There was mention of some prices from an Arnold Clark dealer in the aforementioned post which may have been slightly cheaper but to be honest, it was a lot less hassle than ringing round dealers getting quotes

I read some bad reviews surrounding slow delivery and they weren't wrong ... I ordered on 9th December and my order only just turned up today (22nd December). So I wouldnt recommend ordering there unless you are really not in a hurry!

I will attempt the fuel filter between xmas and new year

Ordered the O rings for both sides of this pipe (A0279974745 and A0149976445) from www.lllparts.co.uk - total price €14.69 inc delivery

There was mention of some prices from an Arnold Clark dealer in the aforementioned post which may have been slightly cheaper but to be honest, it was a lot less hassle than ringing round dealers getting quotes

I read some bad reviews surrounding slow delivery and they weren't wrong ... I ordered on 9th December and my order only just turned up today (22nd December). So I wouldnt recommend ordering there unless you are really not in a hurry!

I will attempt the fuel filter between xmas and new year
I know Royal Mail have experienced some very big delays with a recent reorganisation, I’ve had 3 weeks postal issues as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom