• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W214 2024 E-Class - Official Press Shots

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

foto---nuova-mercedes-classe-e-2023.jpg

2024-mercedes-benz-e-class.jpg

Last edited:
I could live without the gimmicky rear lights, but otherwise it's OK.
Certainly better than some of the efforts from BMW recently.

That’s very nice. At least it still looks like a Benz compared to the monstrosities BMW currently makes.

Fine looking car. I'd be happy to have one. Love the colour of the first one.
Only negative for me is the meh grill on the dark blue one.

Looks good. But those tail lights are awful. Why would anyone want illuminated stars? For the typical driver I think it’s a bit much.

Like this. Has the family DNA, there is something S class and EQ class about it
  • The interior is very much to my taste inc dashboard.
  • Rear light profile is nice – but start illumination?
  • Unsure why the rear valance is not colour coded. Do not get me started on the dual finish tow hook cover. In the side profile the rear bumper scoop resembles a car park shunt
  • Speakers in rear doors seem low – appreciate why the window profile is tapered.
  • Interesting location of parking sensors.
  • Exterior door handles looking well designed.
Very much a yes. Thinking that this could my 5th E Class in due course.

Solid conservative ethos that trumps BMW

Apologies while I channel the spirit of Colin Chapman…

How will the integrated Ipaddery work and age? Built in TikTok appeals today, but tomorrow? Is the physical switch dead? What happens when the next generation of the CarPlay User Interface arrives? “Hey Siri, accelerate to 70”

How much will this thing weigh? Presumably now the size and weight of the W221. 60+ miles of EV hybrid range appeals but are these dual power vehicles taking us cleanly to our 2030 EV future?

(“Complexify and add weight”)

Prices? £60k to just shy of £200k ?

Last edited:
I wonder if either colour will be available in the UK, even as a (high) cost option? 🤔

Looks good. But those tail lights are awful. Why would anyone want illuminated stars? For the typical driver I think it’s a bit much.
I blame BMW Mini with their Union Flag rear lights - they started it!

How will the integrated Ipaddery work and age? Built in TikTok appeals today, but tomorrow? Is the physical switch dead?
Just ask a myriad of VW group car owners how good a car with no switches is (and software that regularly throws all its toys out the pram)

It is interesting to see that the new MB.OS infotainment system has a look and feel very similar to Apple CarPlay - it seems that MB ditched their signature user interface from NTG5.x & MBUX.

Well for what it's worth....I think it looks way too much like the current one.....just like the 205/206 do....and the grille looks like it was nicked off an S Class. I wish they would go back to being a bit more angular....this blobby, slightly melted look has been done to death by Mercedes now......leave that look to the EVs. So in conclusion, nice....but no 212 facelift!

Well for what it's worth....I think it looks way too much like the current one.....just like the 205/206 do....and the grille looks like it was nicked off an S Class. I wish they would go back to being a bit more angular....this blobby, slightly melted look has been done to death by Mercedes now......leave that look to the EVs. So in conclusion, nice....but no 212 facelift!
I was going to say much the same. It's not unattractive but it just looks like a half-hearted 213 face-lift. I know this is a very conservative area of the market, but surely there's room for a little bit of flair and differentiation from the other models (like the 212 had). That pale bluey-green colour is lovely though.

Back on form after all the EQ nonsense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom