• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W219 Tracking Eccentric Bolt??

Jordan24

Car
W219 CLS 320CDI
Hello,

based off previous recommendation i took my car in for tracking on all 4 wheels and they where miles off in all directions which explains the terrible Tyre wear. they where able to a bit of fixing on the front (i spent £80 so far just on fronts) but they said they could no do the rears ad on the drivers side the eccentric bolt was missing a nut? after spending a lot of time online looking i could not see anything online for a W219 regarding an eccentric bolt.

i did look on various websites and some people saying you cant fix the camber or toe without a new kit as its not adjustable. so im just wanting to know is what do i do and how can i get the camber and toe fixed on the car as its a death trap driving in rain because the camber is that bad! - i took it to a local garage that has the latest hunter system apparently so it wasn't a kwikfit job.

Hello,

based off previous recommendation i took my car in for tracking on all 4 wheels and they where miles off in all directions which explains the terrible Tyre wear. they where able to a bit of fixing on the front (i spent £80 so far just on fronts) but they said they could no do the rears ad on the drivers side the eccentric bolt was missing a nut? after spending a lot of time online looking i could not see anything online for a W219 regarding an eccentric bolt.

i did look on various websites and some people saying you cant fix the camber or toe without a new kit as its not adjustable. so im just wanting to know is what do i do and how can i get the camber and toe fixed on the car as its a death trap driving in rain because the camber is that bad! - i took it to a local garage that has the latest hunter system apparently so it wasn't a kwikfit job.
Check with MB if this fits your car
edit …that might be front only .

Hello,

its a death trap driving in rain because the camber is that bad!

If the camber is that bad then is it not more probable that something is either bent or worn , the camber on my W219 was never that severe that it caused uneven tyre wear or felt unstable in the wet, and mine was lowered slightly.

K

If the camber is that bad then is it not more probable that something is either bent or worn , the camber on my W219 was never that severe that it caused uneven tyre wear or felt unstable in the wet, and mine was lowered slightly.

K
Interesting I need to get it to a decent garage as it's been to quite a few and they've all just said the tracking is really far out (my fault I've not had it done in over 2 years) but every mechanic always asks if it's been lowered and I say no as I haven't done it and it wasn't mentioned in the sale

What year is this car ? I believe some had no adjustment on the rears , but aftermarket link kits are often available . As suggested if you camber(s) are so far off on all 4 corners maybe you have bigger issues to contend with.

For comparison my C55 AMG has adjustable rear camber bolts when I took it for 4 wheel alignment the rear was a tiny bit out but we left it alone as the bolts were pretty well rusted after 100K plus miles , that was about 40K + miles ago . Renewing the bolts will happen when I overhaul the rear subframe.

Had 3 sets of rears and 2 sets of fronts over the last 6 years or so . All wear perfectly evenly.

What year is this car ? I believe some had no adjustment on the rears , but aftermarket link kits are often available . As suggested if you camber(s) are so far off on all 4 corners maybe you have bigger issues to contend with.

For comparison my C55 AMG has adjustable rear camber bolts when I took it for 4 wheel alignment the rear was a tiny bit out but we left it alone as the bolts were pretty well rusted after 100K plus miles , that was about 40K + miles ago . Renewing the bolts will happen when I overhaul the rear subframe.

Had 3 sets of rears and 2 sets of fronts over the last 6 years or so . All wear perfectly evenly.
Hi it's a 2006,

The none adjustable but is what I was worried about after looking online

3 set of rears in 6 years is really impressive I go through 3 sets a year and I only do 15-20k a year

Check with MB if this fits your car
edit …that might be front only .
It certainly is.

The rear toe is the only one adjustable on the rear end. Camber and castor is not. The toe adjusters are seized most of the time so will need replacing.

If your camber is that far out I would be looking at something a bit more serious wrong. How many degrees is it out by?

Interesting I need to get it to a decent garage as it's been to quite a few and they've all just said the tracking is really far out (my fault I've not had it done in over 2 years) but every mechanic always asks if it's been lowered and I say no as I haven't done it and it wasn't mentioned in the sale

Lowering the vehicle or having a broken or tired springs , generally, will knock the camber out slightly not the tracking at the rear.

Do you have a printout of the actual readings / images to see how far out it actually is , this should determine if fitting eccentric bolts will bring it back into spec or are you looking at replacing a bent suspension component or two.

Do you have a pic of the vehicle to determine if it has actually been lowered by a previous owner ?

K

I would be looking to see if you have the correct springs fitted if they are genuine MB.

Adverse tyre wear on your car is pretty normal. They did it from new.

Id like to see a copy of the alignment printout though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom