W221 2007 Comand Firmware Update or SatNav?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hamodi

Car
W221 S320L
Hi all,

Looking to get my Satnav updated to the latest maps (NTG3 Europe 2018-2019). I have read that it can only be done if the comand firmware is updated to the latest version.

Some threads state that you will know if your comand has been updated if you have the video DVD option, reverse parking camera to select parallel/vertical, and your satnav will have birds-eye view.

My car has the video/dvd option and it has the reverse parking camera options. However, it does not have birds-eye view on the satnav.

Is there any way to be sure if I can just update the maps or whether I need to do a firmware update?

Thanks!

Which maps release do you have at the moment? The need for COMAND SW update (to include bird's eye view) was years ago, perhaps some time during 2007 or 2008.

It was only US models that lacked DVD.

I cannot remember for sure but I think you can simply try to update maps. If it fails or if you have some other issues, you would likely need the COMAND update. You could have the current COMAND release read with star diagnosis.

Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure about my current maps release, I'll find out once I insert the update CD when I get it hopefully next week.

No worries then, so if my maps fails to update then I'll need a firmware update. If it updates properly, is there any other reason to get the firmware updated? - I don't think I'll use birdeye view so can't really justify paying £100+ for it :/

Give comand.co.uk a call, have you VIN handy, they'll give you chapter and verse, they know more about Comand than MB themselves - and will keep you free of potential plonker moments! Either that or - they're not that far away in Lightwater Surrey, take a ride out and let them sort it out for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom