• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W222 gear selection issues

flat6buster

Car
W222 S350, 911sc
Have recently had my car intermittently fail to shift from d to r and also from r to d. Turn car off and on again and hey presto it works. Seems to be getting more frequent. 2013 w222 s350. Any ideas as to cause? I fear it'll strand me at some stage when the restart car doesnt make it work.

Hi! Although w222s do not have the same gear selector as mine (w209), I had a similar issue and I ended up changing the gear selector unit. Mine also during traffic, failed to change gears i.e it was stuck in first gear and I had to pull over and switch off and on the car.

hope any other member can share some more insights

Thanks. Is the gear selector unit the lever or an enormously expensive bit that hangs off the gearbox?

It's the lever, but on yours its in the steering column module instead of the center console. Same thing likely to be at fault, but a bit of diag worth doing to save chucking parts at it

Thanks. Is the gear selector unit the lever or an enormously expensive bit that hangs off the gearbox?
I sourced a refurbished one from Germany for about 200Euros. But as Alexandrer says above, yours the gear lever stalk is on the steering column so its best to have someone check the whole module via diagnostic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom