• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W222 S350 EML & MAF

flat6buster

Car
W222 S350, 911sc
Have had local garage replace my MAF as EML was illuminated. EML came on day or two after they serviced it. They used a Bosch replacement MAF. Two days later EML came on again. They say it must for some reason be incompatible and we need to try an MB unit.

I am starting to doubt some of what they say for one reason and another. plugged in my ACME £9.99 code reader and it says P0111 error code which shows as Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit/Range.

Question is would the intake air temperature sensor be part of the MAF? Or is it a separate part?

Is there a possibility they cocked something up at the service to make the EML come on?

I am just a bit weak in confidence with these guys and I don´t want to tunnel into a "throw parts at it" without asking the Sage Counsel of MB Club UK!

Thanks in avance.

I don't know that engine, but everything else I've seen has a TMAF, ie includes the intake temp sensor. To be sure you can disconnect the MAF, if you get an error that says Air Temp Sensor 1 Open Circuit, that will confirm.

Why was MAF replaced in the first place?

Thank you. I guess that was the error code the garage read originally. Just seems of that Bosch make the mercedes part and they used a Bosch one yet it doesn't work. Oh well. Thank you for the help.

If the original error was for the temp sensor too, I wouldn't just try another. Id be checking wiring, connectors and doing some checks first.

Temp sensors are effectively just resistors, they are easy to test and investigate and even simulate with a variable resistor.
Even your cheapo diag tool should be able to show the sensed air temp value too.

Thank you. That means turning the engine on with the diag tool in? Is that ok to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom