• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W638 Vito seats into a W639 Vito

kamikazi22

Car
Vito W639
Hi, the perennial Vito question re-emerges once more.

How tricky is it to fit W638 driver and passenger single seats into a W639 with drivers seat and bench?

I have acquired a set of leather W638 seats with bases and would love to have these in my bus, wonder if anyone can help.

I understand that I need to add a resistor for the SRS on the passenger side, wonder if anyone had attempted this successfully?

Apologies to anyone who is sick of this question being posed.

TIA

K

A 639 owner on't other side fitted a 10 ohm resistor and it seems he has successfully reset the SRS fault code. The SRS latches when a fault is seen, and then needs a reasonable diagnostic to reset it.

There will be seat belt recognition also, are these the same plugs?

Otherwise I don't have any idea how easy it is to fit the bases.

Of course the RWD W639 was a completely new vehicle rather than an evolution of the FWD W638 (which IIRC shared a floorpan with VW). So there may be some work involved. Good luck!

Of course the RWD W639 was a completely new vehicle rather than an evolution of the FWD W638 (which IIRC shared a floorpan with VW). So there may be some work involved. Good luck!
Thanks, feel like I may have bought a few white elephants in grey leather (with bases)

K

A 639 owner on't other side fitted a 10 ohm resistor and it seems he has successfully reset the SRS fault code. The SRS latches when a fault is seen, and then needs a reasonable diagnostic to reset it.

There will be seat belt recognition also, are these the same plugs?

Otherwise I don't have any idea how easy it is to fit the bases.
Thanks for that, Ive seen the resistors for sale online. The trick is to disconnect battery before removing old seat, fit resistor then re-connect the battery - Cross fingers that the SRS doesn't latch.

The seat belt receivers don't have wires, butlooks like I can swap the existing wired ones over.

K

Reactions: m80
I think you'll find the SRS is ok as long as the key isn't in the ignition.

I think you'll find the SRS is ok as long as the key isn't in the ignition.
I've just braved the rain for a quick look at my potential seat swaps,

The good news -
(638) passenger seat has a yellow plug for the occupancy sensor the same colour as the one on the original (639) seat. Hopefully its the same resistance, does anyone know if the 638 sensor has the same resistance as the original?

New seats have more give and are more squishy than the original seats.

Will try a dry fit over the weekend,

K

Update on my seat swap, removed the double seat and associated pressed metal heft, noticed the occupancy sensor on the double seat has only two wires, whereas the 638 seat has three and whilst the plug is yellow and square its a different size.

Snipped the wire upstream of the seat plug and fitted a 2.7 ohm resistor. All clear on the SRS - no lights on the dash!

Ground off the locators from the w638 base and used these as a template to drill new holes for the seat bolts and did a dry fit, bit of wiggling around and got four bolts in 3 with nuts - will have to take the battery out to get on the bottom of the front right bolt - will sort that next week.

Just waiting on new stainless steel cap heads and will do a final fit, more room, can now get in the back and so much more comfy- just need to give it a good clean and a feed.

Drivers seat next week.

K

Attachments

• IMG_5546.png
    IMG_5546.png
    515.8 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom