Wanted. Black CLK 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Udders

Car
CLK 500
Hi, my son is after a black CLK 500 ( not a 55 ). Got to have black leather interior too! Preferably with the brushed aluminium trim as well. :) He’s a fussy boy. So, it’s a bit of a long shot but anyone know of a nice well looked after one?
Ta.

Quite a small pool to be fishing from, even more so waiting here for one to turn up :)

I mean, I don’t think there are many members on here with a black CLK500 let alone with one to sell.

Genuine question - will he really not consider other colours and/or a CLK55? :thumb:

Coupé or cabriolet btw?

He would have a convertible and a 55 if the colours were right. Definitely won’t have any other colour than black though. The blue convertible on here would be perfect but nope! Kids eh!

I think most people looking for a black car have never actually owned one...I have....never again!.......with the possible exception of black metallic....but it would need a light interior.....don't like the all black "drug dealer" look myself!

I think most people looking for a black car have never actually owned one...I have....never again!.......with the possible exception of black metallic....but it would need a light interior.....don't like the all black "drug dealer" look myself!
I’ve “softened” and bought a few in my time. And always regretted the colour because it looks dirty the day after it’s been washed. But each to their own…

Still looking. 👍
He would have a silver one now too.
Just checking… has he actually driven one yet? They’re not to everyone’s taste. I looked for one more than a decade ago, but didn’t like it when I found one.

To my eyes the small CLK called out for a nimbler, lighter engine.

If he hasn’t actually driven one, it might well be worth test driving one in the “wrong colour” just to sanity check his fancy.

Check out www.howmanyleft.co.uk to see just how small a number of vehicles (in his spec) he’s waiting for. (Count them in tens.)

My beloved facelift 5.5 E500 estate is one of just five estates in the UK, and the only one sold in 2008)

Last edited:
He’s had a black CLK 320 in the past so well aware of how difficult they are to keep clean. He’s also driven a 500 because I have one.

Anyone looking at CLK 500’s be very wary of this one. We went to look at it and I’m 95% sure the head gasket has gone! Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale

There is / was another one advertised down on the south coast that had been crashed and repaired. No mention of that in the description and he only let on when I kept asking why the front headlights / bumper area wasn’t quite right. The pictures then changed. In the MOT history the car had been off the road for 4 years! There is a new pulley and shiny bolts on the front of the engine but according to the owner the damage didn’t go past the front crash bar thingy! Yeah ok. Not taking a chance on that.

Be careful, there are some dodgy people out there!

Last edited:
That is a very shiny black..... ;)

Just bought this this morning so the hunt is over. 👍
On it like a bonnet ! Listed Friday, sold within 36 hours. Classic example of "just needs the right buyer."

Lovely spec: low mileage, great colour, pano, split fold, excellent unfaded wood, and that fantastic 'elegance" ride quality.

Just bought this this morning so the hunt is over. 👍
£300 cheaper PA tax than the 2006 one!

What made you think 95% sure that the head gasket(s) had gone on the 2006 one?

Quite a few things really.
1. Lots of steam coming out of the exhaust even when hot
2. It warmed up really fast ( I have one and know them well enough) as if there was an air lock
3. Virtually no antifreeze in the header tank as if it had just been topped up with just water
4. The red warning for the coolant came on despite the header tank being full to the top
5. The water level overflowed when I revved it ( mine doesn’t move )
6. White gunge in the oil cap. I know this can be caused by short journeys but with the other symptoms we walked away.
7. A hint of a misfire.

A few years back my local village dodgy dealer had a 09 plate 5.5 500 sport, black with saddle leather. It was stupidly cheap, something like 4.5k. I was sorely tempted but was running a 320 dirty diesel clk at the time. I hesitated and it was gone never to be seen again :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom