• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Wanted R107 fan switch/ steel wheel/ hardtop

stevenchu

Car
Mercedes 280 SL 1984
Hi any got a hardtop , fan switch, 14' steel wheel pls page me.prefer if you in north west but would travel

i have a couple of hard tops, and maybe a fan switch, i would have to check on tuesday, [monday bank holiday] i am in sowerby bridge, so not too far away, dave

hi, sorry, i don't have a fan switch, i know i have a hard top, but i did not get chance to clear the bits in front of it today, i will sort it tomorrow i know it is silver, but would have to check on the condition

If you're any good at all with tools the fan switch can be stripped and re-furbed. The fault there is more likely to be with the resistor pack which is inside the heater plenum. Take off the black cover on the scuttle at the rear of the engine and it's the metal box at the other side of the push on multi-connector bottom left.

The other thing to check is that all the fuses and spring holders are clean and bright. A dirty/damaged fuse or holder can easily stop current flowing and give all sorts of false faults. Use fine emery or wire wool to clean them.

Ok Druk I'll have a look when I get the car back from the garage, having engine service

hi, i had a look this afternoon, and i think would take an hour or so to clear the space to get a good look at it, so i think it may be staying there for a while longer, thanks dave

Attachments

• IMG_1516.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1514.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 12
No worries just found my car a bit of a basket case. Going need major structural work. So going in Monday to see how much... Need 2 wishbone too

asking hardtop

i have a couple of hard tops, and maybe a fan switch, i would have to check on tuesday, [monday bank holiday] i am in sowerby bridge, so not too far away, dave

Hi bro, can you email me if you still have one hardtop for me? i need it immediately, thanks!

[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom