Waterless Wash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If waterless washing is only to be used on a clean car then why would you use it? The car is already clean!
Yes but no shine you can have a clean car that is in need of a little protection. You do what you want to do i like to polish my car each to his own liking

I can't always park right outside where I live, I don't have a power washer either. I could use a couple of buckets of water, I just wondered if there was a quicker more efficient method

Your best bet is to try and find a decent hand wash or touchless machine wash!

Thing is half of the owners to-day dont know how to clean their cars, so they take them in to the ragwash .No one as ever done my car only me .That way i know every nick and mark on my bodywork.And when and where it wants a touch up before the weather gets in .My friends wife came the other day with her Volvo est 2015 .When she went to go home ,, we went out to see them off . She said to me i need to get it washed . I said you dont do it yourself do you ?. Her reply was no, i take it in to the car wash . To that i said i know you do . How do you know that she said.Well with out being nasty you can see all the circular marks on the paint work, i am sorry to say, but i can. I know that and i did not know what it was .

I'm in the same boat too i have to wash my car at work before everyone starts which i have agreed with my boss is ok.

I was reading the reveiws on these though i'm not sure how great they are but genral purpose light usage for cars, windows and what ever else one can think of they might be an option.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAN12FW/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Edit:
I would like to add i have only briefly read the blurb before i get torn apart :)

My idea was to add a jerry 25ltr jerry can to a folding trolly and use that as a water source.

I have 1 of these, i use it for washing my car when i go to car shows, works very well. Its not super powerfull but its good enough to wash your car.
I take 2 20l water carriers for camping which is way more than enough, 1 to fill my bucket and 1 for the pressure washer and i always have extra water to pour away, if you take the filter off the the pipe it fits perfectly onto the tap and then you can fold them up to keep inside your car tidy whilst on display

I used Showroom Shine from a few years ago and have nothing but praise for it. I've used it on my wife's black Santa as well as my own cars and the caravan. Friends of mine have been impressed e nough to get some themselves and are suitably

Sorry, the dog rolled over and the unfinished reply was posted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It should have continued " happy " Showroom leaves a decent finish which seems to last long enough for me. I realise it is expensive and I used to be able to get it on offer relatively cheaply but now that seems to have finished. One of the reasons I've used it is that it takes about 20 - 30 minutes to do the Santa against at least an hour by washing and the there is the constant stream of water running from mirrors etc which all leaves staining afterwards. I've tried alternatives to Showroom including the carplan one which clogs up the nozzle almost straight away and doesn't actually clean the paintwork but is only about a tenner from Halfords. I've just got 5.75 litres of " Pro Kleen " from Halfords website and have used it a couple of times with reasonable results but it doesn't last as long. I must stress that it is very important to use a clean, good quality microfiber cloth and keep turning it to a clean part for wiping the dirt off. Yes I have used all these products on a dirty car and noticed no scratching at all. I don't put any pressure on, just wipe over the paintwork and it removes the dirt. Don't use it with too little product on the cloth, otherwise it will scratch.
I use it on a relatively clean car as a detailer and it take so little time to produce a good finish. I do wash with water now and again but, as I say it does take longer and the finish is not as good, plus there's the buckets, hose brushes etc to put away.

The only parts that I do wash each time are the wheels. I have used Showroom on them, but I got through too many microfibers ! All opinions I have stated are my own and are based upon my own experience.

Me Too! I find I go through a ton of Microfibres... the missus goes ballistic as their always in the wash straight after..

Ooofftt!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I always wait till i have about 20+ microfibres to wash in 1 go and use a dedicated delicates wash and always use white vinegar in the conditioner drawer as it helps regenerate the microfibres and always make sure to clean the drawer of any traces of conditioner beforehand as that clogs the pores of your towels and never dry them over the radiator as that damages them too. I buy cheap microfibres for applying polish and then throw them away once used as you can never get all the polish residue out of them and if you wash them with your “good” microfibres it just gets onto them and they are never the same again. For my good ones i use kirkland brand microfibres which i believe are makro ones as they are very well priced, are a decent size and work very well

I'm in the same boat too i have to wash my car at work before everyone starts which i have agreed with my boss is ok.

I was reading the reveiws on these though i'm not sure how great they are but genral purpose light usage for cars, windows and what ever else one can think of they might be an option.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAN12FW/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Edit:
I would like to add i have only briefly read the blurb before i get torn apart :)

My idea was to add a jerry 25ltr jerry can to a folding trolly and use that as a water source.

that is a fantastic find! though our problem is we don't have a water source where we are, I wonder how long before the battery dies.

That's the beauty of it it will suck up water from a bucket or like wolfie1 uses 20 litre containers so you don't need a tap on the wall you could wash it in the car park at sainsbury's if you wanted :)

I did wonder about the battery but someone stated that Worx series batteries will fit and upgraded from the 2ah battery to a 4ah battery for longer life.

@Wolfie1 how long does yours last ?

So the Williams kit arrived!

Real easy to apply just squirt the solution the panel, leave for a few moments, then wipe off solution in straight lines using the microfiber cloth, you then use a separate cloth to buff the panel. Very easy to apply. However I was initially over zealous with the spray which meant there was to much excess and had to wipe the panel twice, NOT on the same side of the micro cloth though. If this happens you must flip the cloth over and use the clean side!

I think the bad reviews were down to users using too much spray or trying to clean too big a panel in one go. For the bonnet I used 4 sides, this maybe over cautious but microfibre cloths are cheap scratches aren't! Took me about 40 mins to so the whole car (clk cab) however this was down to me being slow and steady, next time will take no more than 30 mins. The shine is fantastic and the car looks fantastic. No idea about the water beading as it hasn't rained yet.... No idea how long finish will last but the car will get cleaned every week anyway. However as with all products there are some caveats...

When cleaning the bonnet particularly the part where the washer nozzles are, the wax kinda gets stuck to the grill bits and you really need liquid, water to clean properly. Also the dirt and grit gets stuck in the panel gaps. For example the rear bumper and wing. You can see it if you squat down and look 1mm from the body work, probably no worse than local hand wash but when you clean your own car you notice every imperfection. Again you would need water to remove grit from gaps. On the door panel, the rubbing strip the wax is stuck in there. I did attempt to stick a corner of the microfiber cloth to remove it but it's not perfect. Don't get any on the windscreen as it caused one of my wiper blades to drag. I thought maybe a wiper blade had split at first. If this happens just use some dedicated glass cleaner and all will be fine.

The kit came with 2 bottles and 2 microfiber cloths, I must stress this never enough to clean a car properly. I think I went through about 7 cloths but I have loads so I didn't really care how many I used. On balance a good easy to use product, however I think a rinseless wash product rather than a waterless wash product would suit my needs better so will probably purchase onr next.

That's the beauty of it it will suck up water from a bucket or like wolfie1 uses 20 litre containers so you don't need a tap on the wall you could wash it in the car park at sainsbury's if you wanted :)

I did wonder about the battery but someone stated that Worx series batteries will fit and upgraded from the 2ah battery to a 4ah battery for longer life.

@Wolfie1 how long does yours last ?

Well i was worried about battery life so i bought an additional 4 ah battery but the 2 ah has enough juice to wash your car and then some

Blackhammer you don't leave the polish on to dry , so after you spread it on to the car wing, or door, do one item at a time with your first micro cloth then wait a few seconds ,then buff it off with your second clean micro cloth ,read the instructions . And the polish will go in to areas you don't want it to .Clean it off right away if it goes on these parts .What I will say is the spray bottle is not that good .The polish spray is to thick .I changed my spray bottle for one with a finer spray ,if you don't it will go every where you don't want it to . Did mine today I am very happy,, as I said before .But don't let it dry out . You can use this on the tyres and after a few coverings they look good as well.,

Hi All, I used to use Smart Polish Pro which i found was quite good. You spray on the product, use 1 microfiber to wipe off the product in one direction and then a second clean microfiber to bring to a shine. I know some people may see waterless wash sacrilege but I actually found it useful.

Blackhammer you don't leave the polish on to dry , so after you spread it on to the car wing, or door, do one item at a time with your first micro cloth then wait a few seconds ,then buff it off with your second clean micro cloth ,read the instructions . And the polish will go in to areas you don't want it to .Clean it off right away if it goes on these parts .What I will say is the spray bottle is not that good .The polish spray is to thick .I changed my spray bottle for one with a finer spray ,if you don't it will go every where you don't want it to . Did mine today I am very happy,, as I said before .But don't let it dry out . You can use this on the tyres and after a few coverings they look good as well.,

I didn't leave the polish too dry....I do agree that the spray bottle is not the greatest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom