Wavetrac LSD for W211 E200k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stocious

Car
2005 E200 1.8 kompressor
I’m really want to fit a Wavetrack mechanical LSD to my E200k. I drive the way I want safely and make good ground, plus routes I have for midnight fun hard driven, I’m a skilled competent driver said truthfully, but my W211 E200k is not listed.
E55 is but is ratio different or if someone who can discern for me from the website tell me from the ones available the one that will also fit mine ratio different and effects.
Also I know of the Wavetrack LSD quality and performance, there extremely strong being all mechanical, and in this modern world of design and quality are standing out with a design and function only they have engineered, very good performing, strong and distinctive differential and if not known about id say confidently first choice recommendation, and especially first modification for new or old E55 owners which is my dream car and hopefully not too distant next car which undoubtedly so fist thing a Wavetrack LSD fitted, so can anyone help me find out if the Mercedes models they have listed one applies to me.

As a fellow M271 owner wouldn’t you be better saving your money for potential timing chain repairs ?
Im not sure you will notice any diff change on that engine ? It’s going to be slower with less punch than my CLK because it’s heavier .

As a fellow M271 owner wouldn’t you be better saving your money for potential timing chain repairs ?
Im not sure you will notice any diff change on that engine ? It’s going to be slower with less punch than my CLK because it’s heavier .
My timing chain is perfect gears too, at near 200k miles, will check again each service, I really want one and would get the benifit from one, simple and just one benifit, hard cornering both wheels propel car not just the inside one, I’m sold and it will make the driving I do more fun and safety which people never mention over an open differential, thanks and hopefully someone can help me figure out if the have one that’s fits.

Am I right I’m thinking that the bolt spacing and number of bolts for the differential in mine is the same as the E55, meaning if same I can bolt in E55 lsd and keep the ratio final drive I have now. Sounds simple and I was thinking wrong in first post.

Wanting a LSD and needing one are two different things and you have set your sights on fitting an LSD to your E200. Bear in mind W204 C63's did not come stock with a LSD (available on some models) , my V8 C55 AMG never had one as stock so how much benefit you will feel per Euro spent is debatable.

But that's what we do on here (sometimes) , debate , and I hope someone on here can point you in the right direction. Best of luck :thumb:

Have a chat with Acid at MSL he will tell you everything you want to know

Don’t put a LSD on the E200K - it’s wasted.

Save it for when you get the E55. It’s worth it. The M113K is a lovely engine and you will want it for that.

Save the money. Honestly. You can just put the LSD on the M113K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom