• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What are these?

Linksman

Car
C220 CDI Elegance Estate (S204)
Posted this question on another MB forum but no real answers (mostly humerous) so I thought I'd try here. Just bought a 'newer' C220CDI estate 2011 W204. There are two silver MB logo discs in roof lining above rear seats. Not seen in previous MB. They are quite secure, not stuck on, and are symetrically placed over the seats. There is no sign they are to do with a sagging lining. Anyone else got them/seen them/know if they are for a purpose? I have not found any on parts/bling websites.

Attachments

• 20240603_190200.jpg
    20240603_190200.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 13
Is it an Edition 125? If so, then I'm guessing it might be one of the 125 'touches'.

Is it an Edition 125? If so, then I'm guessing it might be one of the 125 'touches'.
Thanks for the reply, not 125, it's the Elegance trim level.
Are there mounts behind them for a dog guard?
They are well forward of the cargo net/dog guard, just about over the head of a seated passenger in line with the existing reading lights.

Thanks for the reply, not 125, it's the Elegance trim level.

They are well forward of the cargo net/dog guard, just about over the head of a seated passenger in line with the existing reading lights.
Just looked in my S204 (125) and as the OP said, dog guard fixings are more on the bulkhead behind the head rests

Suppose it could be a previous owner who was carrying a pole/bit of wood and damaged the lining so covered it up and added another badge for symmetry?

Hello and welcome . Can you post a 'better' picture ? one that shows them in context to their size .

I must say i have never seen them before .

Hello and welcome . Can you post a 'better' picture ? one that shows them in context to their size .

The discs are about 2.5mm (1" in real money) in diameter.

Attachments

• MB Roof.jpg
    MB Roof.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11

The discs are approx 2.5mm (1" in real money) in diameter. Both perfectly aligned with centre roofl/reading light fitting.No sign of them being a damage cover-up.

Attachments

• MB Roof.jpg
    MB Roof.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom