• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

what is this breather tube on a 103?

Stringer

Car
300E 1987
I recently saw this photo posted on another forum and spotted a breather tube stretching from one side (near the fuel distributor) all the way round to the other side and disappearing somewhere near the battery.

I have two questions for mbclub. 1. What is this tube? 2. Is there a comprehensive diagram on the site which shows all breather tubes for the 103 (300e) engine?

thank in advance

m in beirut

Attachments

• DSC00162.jpg
    DSC00162.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 19
Just a guess, but as it's going from the manifold through the bulkhead, is it vacuum for the economy guage?

i'm baffled. But here's another conundrum if you like them on sunday mornings. I was thinking of disconnecting my coolant temp sensor as i have suspected for a long time that it is 'stuck' on high resisitance (i.e permanently telling the cold valve start to stay rich). However, this morning, fate played a role in my disconnecting it as i managed to bugger up one of the terminals which just crumbled off. So, here's my question. If i drive around with an 'open' circuit the rich setting will be on permanently, right? But what if i connected the two cables and made it no resistance? Shouldn't this set the CSV to close and make it run lean? Help,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom