what to look for on CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

356boy

like the look of the cls 05/06 model, no idea what these are like reliability wise and running cost, any problems they may have,
similar price to the 6 series bmw, which is best?
any help appreciated

Last edited:
Look for plenty of history and bills as poorly maintained ones can be heart breaking and wallet breaking too:crazy:
but im sure there is someone on here who has one or knows more than i do :D

They eat front tyres, or so I have heard. I suggest a full 4-wheel laser alignment to be factored into your costs, plus tyres of course. Though I have also heard that even when properly setup they still eat front tyres.

Hopefully someone will be along in a second to prove me wrong. :)

They eat front tyres, or so I have heard. I suggest a full 4-wheel laser alignment to be factored into your costs, plus tyres of course. Though I have also heard that even when properly setup they still eat front tyres.

Hopefully someone will be along in a second to prove me wrong. :)

Yes I will, utter rubbish.

My rears have gone at 20,000 miles but front still going strong.;)

mines done 93k has nine full service stamps and has had four sets of tyres,the only thing it has had outside of normal servicing was a new boot seal,and it still looks and drives like new.i have recentley cracked one alloy you can't see it but they picked it up on a recent health check,its an sept 56 model so just had 1st mot.

Last edited:
No major issues with mine - tyre wear completely as expected for a heavy, fast car. Had issues with my glow plugs - had to replace them completely twice in six months but since then no issues. Other than that, feed, water, point, shoot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom