• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What wheels to get for s class w221?

I like them, look good. 20's is probably the biggest I would go on a W221 otherwise it all looks a bit pimp!

Plus your staying with the OEM+ vibe.

I'll probably keep them. My wife will love it when she finds out I'll have another set of wheels I'm going to keep :D

What do you guys think of this wheels?

They're 20" from s class w222 model

free online image hosting

I like them, look good. 20's is probably the biggest I would go on a W221 otherwise it all looks a bit pimp!

Plus your staying with the OEM+ vibe.

I was set on buying the AMG 20" from w222 like the one in the pic I posted and I've agreed on a price for a genuine set but today I went to Mercedes dealership to get some parts and in the car park I saw an s class w222 with the AMG 20" and they just didn't look special enough or big enough. Next to the new s class was a brabus w221, same model as mine and the AMG bumpers but with some carbon parts being the brabus model.
The car had 21" wheels fitted and they just looked right, not too big.
I have to say the car looked amazing, so much presence!

Now I'm a bit worried if I buy the 20" and I won't be happy with them.

I'm going to try the brabus 20" from my van and see what it looks like with 20s and go from there.

Guys if you have any suggestions on other wheels, sizes, aftermarket wheels please let me know.

I just got a message from a shop that sells this style wheels in 21" and this is what they told me

Hello,

Yes we a have this style with 5x112. Only we have specifics R21, 10J, 5X112, ET46, 66.5

So, if you want this rims for your car, you need use Spacers 3mm. for your Car need ET43

Best Regards

Why do I need 3mm spacers? Can I use 10mm or 12mm spacers? I want them to stick out flash with the arches.
Also If I use spacers I'd like to use hubcentric ones as I want the car to be safe.

This are the wheels I'm talking about

I doubt you'd need any spacers, If I did I do would use hubcentric. You don't want the wheels to tight to the arches as if your airmatic sank it may damage your bodywork.

I doubt you'd need any spacers, If I did I do would use hubcentric. You don't want the wheels to tight to the arches as if your airmatic sank it may damage your bodywork.

Thank you
I think I'll go for this wheels then. Do you think they'll fit like the one in the pic I posted?
I'm a bit concerned about the quality of the wheels as they're replica and from outside UK

If the offset is as stated they should look no different other than the other car picture maybe running some wheel spacers if you have a spare set of hubcentric spacers on another car whip them off and see if you can get that look ... have you checked any reviews on who your buying from?

Most replicas as well as OEM are manufactured outside the UK. As you know oem even crack and buckle so it wouldn't concern me to much.

If the offset is as stated they should look no different other than the other car picture maybe running some wheel spacers if you have a spare set of hubcentric spacers on another car whip them off and see if you can get that look ... have you checked any reviews on who your buying from?

Most replicas as well as OEM are manufactured outside the UK. As you know oem even crack and buckle so it wouldn't concern me to much.

That's great, thank you!
I've seen his feedback and it's all positive and he's sold wheels for over £1k.
I just asked him if he had the same wheels but with the inside grey colour instead of black but he doesn't :( I haven't seen anyone else sell them in grey with the et and offset that I need.
Don't know where else to look for this wheels now.
Oh and the seller is from Lithuania

How about this wheels? They look the same as the ones I like but silver colour instead of grey.
In the advert is says they are staggered fitment

362511593569 | eBay

It's down to personal taste I guess colour inserts.. how about Cricim wheels M3 Cutters sponser? Or look to the USA but then there is the dreaded import tax.

It's down to personal taste I guess colour inserts.. how about Cricim wheels M3 Cutters sponser? Or look to the USA but then there is the dreaded import tax.

Chris was the first person I thought of but he said they don't do this wheels.
Yeah that's another thing, I actually forgot about the import tax from USA

Yes, you got to buy what your happy with as you know wheels can make a car!

How about this wheels? They look the same as the ones I like but silver colour instead of grey.
In the advert is says they are staggered fitment

362511593569 | eBay

Sam I think you may have misread the advert. The wheels wont be staggered if they are OEM from a ML. It is how the seller has wrote the advert, he mentions the offset and then goes onto say 'slightly different front to rear' and then carries on about the width of the wheel. The ET will be slightly different front to rear, but the wheels will all be the same ie 9Jx21.

As you have already rightly stated, 'wheels doth make the car', so keep on the hunt. IMO these you have linked wouldn't do your car justice IMO of course. :)

Thank you Abb.... your right I did misread the advert and as you guys also said, wheels make the car.

The same company that is selling the black ones 21" also has grey ones. I don't know why he said the grey ones don't fit because the spec of the wheels are identical.

So I don't get confused or buy the wrong wheels, can you guys please tell me if this wheels fit my s class?

4x 21 inch alloy wheels for Mercedes-Benz ML GL GLS GLA 10J ET46 21" Rims | eBay

Thank you for all your help and suggestions guys, much appreciated

Sam, the lower the offset the further out the wheel will sit. So if your original offset is ET43 and the wheels in your link are ET46 they will fit with spacers of a minimum of 3mm. ET46 with a 3mm spacer will bring the ET down to ET43 which is your OEM ET? I would imagine you would need minimum 10mm spacers (which would lower the offset on the wheels in the link to ET36) but only push your wheels out by 7mm as theres a 3mm difference from the OEM offset as stated earlier.

An idea would be to know what ET your are currently running and then with the kit fitted, measure the distance from the wheel to where you want the wheels to sit 'flush' and minus that measurement from the original set up, and you could use that as a guide.

Hope that makes some sort of sense to you.

Sam, the lower the offset the further out the wheel will sit. So if your original offset is ET43 and the wheels in your link are ET46 they will fit with spacers of a minimum of 3mm. ET46 with a 3mm spacer will bring the ET down to ET43 which is your OEM ET? I would imagine you would need minimum 10mm spacers (which would lower the offset on the wheels in the link to ET36) but only push your wheels out by 7mm as theres a 3mm difference from the OEM offset as stated earlier.

An idea would be to know what ET your are currently running and then with the kit fitted, measure the distance from the wheel to where you want the wheels to sit 'flush' and minus that measurement from the original set up, and you could use that as a guide.

Hope that makes some sort of sense to you.

Hello Abb
Thank you for taking your time to explain that to me, much appreciated!
I understand now.
I haven't been here much lately, very busy, apologise for not replying sooner.
I won't rush, I'll keep searching to see if I find the wheels I like. I was so sure I wanted 20s but after seeing an s class w221 brabus with 21" they just looked so right for that car, I'd like to go for 21"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom