What's it worth and best way to sell a W212 E63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayboy222

Car
Mercedes E63
Hi all

Sorry for a 'What's it worth' thread but thinking of selling my pre-facelift W212 E63 in the New Year. Have owned for last three and a half years, but I simply don't use it anywhere near enough. In my ownership, I've only done about 2.5k miles per year. Waited ages for one in this spec to come up, and from what I've seen it's one of the highest spec E63s I've seen. Anyhow details below:

- Completely standard 2012 pre facelift E63, M157 5.5 biturbo
- Obsidian black metallic.
- 44k miles.
- Full MBSH.
- AMG Performance Package (550bhp & 590lb ft, alcantara wheel, carbon boot spoiler, carbon engine cover, red brake calipers)
- AMG Drivers Package (Limiter raised to 186 mph, rear electric sunblind)
- Drivers Assistance Package (Distronic plus, lane assist, blind spot assist etc)
- Heated & ventilated seats.
- Dynamic seats (massage and active bolsters)
- Digital freeview TV
- Front & rear pads and discs replaced using OEM parts, about 200 miles ago (bloody expensive)
- Goodyear F1 Asymetric 3s all round with at least 5mm trim on all.
- Folder full of receipts and service history. Literally everything I've spent on the car including petrol!
- Three year Mercedes plan for next three servcices (ABA). Can be included or removed.
- Spare set of as new AMG mats!

Would be helpful to know if people think the spec and low mileage would make a difference on the second hand market and what ball park figures I should be aiming for, and any advice on best way to sell. Would love to sell to an enthusiast, but appreciate it's a very small market!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jason.

Last edited:
Hi all

Sorry for a 'What's it worth' thread but thinking of selling my pre-facelift W212 E63 in the New Year. Have owned for last three and a half years, but I simply don't use it anywhere near enough. In my ownership, I've only done about 2.5k miles per year. Waited ages for one in this spec to come up, and from what I've seen it's one of the highest spec E63s I've seen. Anyhow details below:

- Completely standard 2012 pre facelift E63, M157 5.5 biturbo
- Obsidian black metallic.
- 44k miles.
- Full MBSH.
- AMG Performance Package (550bhp & 590lb ft, alcantara wheel, carbon boot spoiler, carbon engine cover, red brake calipers)
- AMG Drivers Package (Limiter raised to 186 mph, rear electric sunblind)
- Drivers Assistance Package (Distronic plus, lane assist, blind spot assist etc)
- Heated & ventilated seats.
- Dynamic seats (massage and active bolsters)
- Digital freeview TV
- Front & rear pads and discs replaced using OEM parts, about 200 miles ago (bloody expensive)
- Goodyear F1 Asymetric 3s all round with at least 5mm trim on all.
- Folder full of receipts and service history. Literally everything I've spent on the car including petrol!
- Three year Mercedes plan for next three servcices (ABA). Can be included or removed.
- Spare set of as new AMG mats!

Would be helpful to know if people think the spec and low mileage would make a difference on the second hand market and what ball park figures I should be aiming for, and any advice on best way to sell. Would love to seel to an enthusiast, but appreciates it's a very small market!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jason.
Low mileage and spec will help clinch a sal with the right buyer, and maybe achieve a higher prices, although in my limited experience of selling cars in recent years, most people are only interested in lowball offers or exchanging for 2006 Landcruiser.

PS Other exchanges may be offered.

That certainly is a great option list and the low mileage is an asset when selling.
Its not really a great time to be selling IMO with Christmas coming up and the Covid restrictions making people uncertain how long their jobs will last.
I'd check out the Autotrader offerings and pitch you price up at the top for a pre facelift Biturbo.
Somewhere around the £20k region?

Thanks both for the helpful replies, much appreciated.

Currently none on Autotrader at the mo, but they seem to hold their value reasonably well for an AMG from when I have spotted them on there.

Might be the sort of car Grant Kirby would offer SoR on, or a straight outright buy. He's well know in AMG circles and has some lovely cars going across his site during the year. Your spec, history and service pack should make it an attractive car.

Can't help with the price but best way to sell would be on here first. Plenty pics and a good written ad helps a lot. You have already given a good amount of detail, it may be worth listing it anyway and stating car will be available in January. There may be members out there looking for a car in the new year.

If you get absolutely no interest, then you can put it on the usual sites (AT, PH) in the new year.

Good luck

Yex, Abb and bob6600: Thanks for the advice. Will defo put on here before Autotrader etc, once I have the time.

Was always put off by SoR, as seemed dodgy and heard too many horror stories, but I guess things may have changed!

I'd try WBAC, they were offering good money for C63's over the last few months. I ended up with £400 less than what I wanted private and saved all of the low ball offers on here and other forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom