What's Your Current Earworm?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been familiar with the term 'ear worm' for decades. Maybe as I have links to the music industry and musician friends.
The latest hi-res remasters of some old classic from half a century ago have allowed us to hear the songs better than some of the artists would have heard as they recorded them!
The Beatles 'Revolver' is a startling work of art, but the track "Money' from the latest remaster of Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is my current ear worm.
As a former sound engineer, I'm stunned by the restoration work on some of these great sounds from our 'yoof'

I've been familiar with the term 'ear worm' for decades. Maybe as I have links to the music industry and musician friends.
The latest hi-res remasters of some old classic from half a century ago have allowed us to hear the songs better than some of the artists would have heard as they recorded them!
The Beatles 'Revolver' is a startling work of art, but the track "Money' from the latest remaster of Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is my current ear worm.
As a former sound engineer, I'm stunned by the restoration work on some of these great sounds from our 'yoof'
Thanks Mactech!
I now can't unhear this, not that it isn't fabulous :cool:
Money_Bass_Riff.JPG

Great ear-worm and great album. A few years ago I had an urge to listen to Dark Side again, hadn't played it for years but put it loud on the car stereo and thoroughly enjoyed the music and the nostalgia.

Most recent earworm was Tora Tora Tora by Depeche Mode. Probably kicked off by OMD's Electricity and Enola Gay being on the TV ads.

The alarm from Time on Dark Side Of The Moon still makes me jump as I had a wind up alarm clock and that was what suddenly woke me up in the mornings.
I don’t think it would affect younger people in the same way.

The sound of tinnitus, which has been worse than usual for weeks now.😡

The sound of tinnitus, which has been worse than usual for weeks now.😡
Had tinnitus for decades. Got worse about three-years ago after going to see my mate’s band in a local pub. Has not recovered or improved and unfortunately probably won’t from what I’ve read.

As for ear worm, lately I’ve had ‘On The Western Skyline’ by Bruce Hornsby and The Range in my head.

Had tinnitus for decades. Got worse about three-years ago after going to see my mate’s band in a local pub. Has not recovered or improved and unfortunately probably won’t from what I’ve read.

As for ear worm, lately I’ve had ‘On The Western Skyline’ by Bruce Hornsby and The Range in my head.
That man can write some catchy toons! 'A road not taken' sticks in my mind.

Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
It's the guitar tone that gets me... been trying to get it for about 3 months, close but not quite...

I get various tunes , some I love but others that I hate ( steeleye span and ‘’all around my #*+$¥€! hat’’ ). Recently it was ‘’only one woman’’, by the Marbles , to the extent that I ordered a copy from eBay and played it numerous times . Various 60s /70s tunes randomly enter the hollow space ‘’there’s a crack up on the ceiling, and the kitchen sink is leaking’’ courtesy of the Kinks being a favourite.

Vampire by Billie Ellish

Not an artist I particularly like but sheesh she knocks it out of the park on vocals, production and the interesting chord changes (I 'do' music)

Latest Earworm: any tune that is mentioned in this Post! ;):oops:
🤣 Not just me then.

Funny that @NOMONEYBUTAMERC mentioned Dead End Street by the Kinks. I had "Tobacco Road" this weekend, "I hate you cos you're dirty, but I love ya, cos you're home". Nashville Teens iirc.

Before christmas I had Joe Jackson's "Breaking Us in Two", (just the chorus, which is the only bit I remembered), which led to YouTube, which sent me down a Badfinger rabbit hole for the rest of the afternoon. I'd forgotten how much I liked some of their songs. I'd never even noticed the similarity of "Breaking us in Two" to "Day After Day".😮 shocking.

🤣 Not just me then.

Funny that @NOMONEYBUTAMERC mentioned Dead End Street by the Kinks. I had "Tobacco Road" this weekend, "I hate you cos you're dirty, but I love ya, cos you're home". Nashville Teens iirc.

Before christmas I had Joe Jackson's "Breaking Us in Two", (just the chorus, which is the only bit I remembered), which led to YouTube, which sent me down a Badfinger rabbit hole for the rest of the afternoon. I'd forgotten how much I liked some of their songs. I'd never even noticed the similarity of "Breaking us in Two" to "Day After Day".😮 shocking.
I was bought ‘Tobacco Road ‘ for Xmas 1964. Don’t know why as it wasn’t one that I would have chosen . Maybe it appealed to my dear old mum , at that time she worked in the cigar factory in Bristol.

Vampire by Billie Ellish

Not an artist I particularly like but sheesh she knocks it out of the park on vocals, production and the interesting chord changes (I 'do' music)
Daughter is a mahoooosive fan. So we bought tickets for a Glasgow concert for daughter’s birthday. I tagged along to be taxi driver.

Mrs Ant and I enjoyed it just as much as our daughter. What a show. The bass was thunderous.

Billie Eilish music echos around the house almost daily. 🥳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom