• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Wheel alignment

Ailpo

Car
Mercedes e class
Hi,
I just carried out a wheel alignment for E200. The company that it did said everything is fine. I wanted to know should all the boxes supposed to be Green or is it ok can someone explain please.559f518c-3536-4755-b111-a2b8e576c01a.jpeg
Thank you

Last edited:
You'd need to replace parts if you want it absolutely bang on. Older cars tend to show wear n tare and can be slightly out. If the tyres are wearing evenly ,I'd leave it be tbh.

You'd need to replace parts if you want it absolutely bang on. Older cars tend to show wear n tare and can be slightly out. If the tyres are wearing evenly ,I'd leave it be tbh.
I had to replace the tyres as the driver side was gone. Replaced all 4 tyres and I thought it was a good idea to do a wheel alignment to avoid any unusual tyre wear.
Thank you for you advise

I wouldn't be happy with that, far too many in the red. They may be within range but the car will be displaying some handlng/tyre wear problems at some point.

I had to replace the tyres as the driver side was gone. Replaced all 4 tyres and I thought it was a good idea to do a wheel alignment to avoid any unusual tyre wear.
Thank you for you advise

Right front could be better , maybe time for new track rod ends or suspension arms ? . The others are only out by a nats knacker tbh.

The car is 2018 I will go back to he garage and I will ask the reason why it was left in the red

Were you present during the alignment ? When I had my C55 done a while back the rears were slightly out , the rear eccentric adjusters looked pretty corroded, it was a Sunday morning so I told the guy to leave them well alone for me to replace at a later date . The tyre were (are still) wearing perfectly evenly and only slightly off on the Hunter machine , so we left well alone.

Does your car have rear camber adjusting bolts ? . Personally (as said) I would not be too happy with the front right on your set up.

Four wheel geometry and alignment are a bit of a tricky subject. The short answer is this, you need the right man who knows both the machine he is using and the particular quirks of the car he is working on. There is a difinitive order to follow for proper alignment, starting with a check of the diagonals. Then adjustments should be done staring with the rear of the vehicle using any adjustable camber/toe litype nks Etc

Many vehicles use eccentric bolts for this sort of adjustment. The later model Hunter machines allow adjustment changes to be done in real time and the effects are shown on screen as the settings changed. With some Mercedes models however just accepting the factory spec that the machine will have in the data base will still leave you with issues, pulling to the left being very common, but easy to sort with camber correction bolts.

I have correction bolts at the front with adjustable top and bottom camber links at the rear. The car is lowered so the camber went negative and was a bit twitchy on certain road sufaces, camber correction cured this. Tyre wear is well balance at all four corners as a further result of proper alignment.

Hi , when I fitted new tyres to my car after a couple of hundred miles I had my a four wheel tracking check on the car.

Apart from the near side rear wheel all measurements to specification.Adjusted to within spec on rear nearside wheel , run at 39 psi as car loaded , when two people in car , runs at 37psi.

The reason some of the readings are red is due to the specifications are wrong. Camber and caster specifications on MB cars are ride height dependant. Ride height is measured with an inclinometer on all four corners. Ride height should be your printout report.

That said the actual current readings are fine.

Dont know how old the car is .But i will only go to these places if i have to, because one half of them dont know how to check them, or to put the fault right .And some equipments out of specs at some shops .

Dont know how old the car is .But i will only go to these places if i have to, because one half of them dont know how to check them, or to put the fault right .And some equipments out of specs at some shops .
Post 6 .

Inclinometers measure the slope of a surface in degrees…..
not height.

Dependant on model, there are adjustable camber bolts available to replace stock bolts. Places like “Wheels in Motion” in Chesham can pre order them in (using your VIN) and set your car up properly.
it’s often down to the expertise of whose doing it - which is why Thick-Fit et al, are not the go to.👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom