• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Wheel wobble

🤣🤣 yeah. should have asked what the hit was on average?
Driving with the brakes on , there's a good chance tbh. 👍
it's a funny one as I have a c 250D 4matic averaging 27-30mpg around town with the 20mph in central London, but 50mph on the motorway drives to Nottingham and back, but I have had the car in neutral and was able to push it easy and it rolled with little effort on a level road. Had a mechanic notice it didn't roll as others do and after cleaning the adblue and Nox and taking it for a long drive tested the thermal response of the wheels and the rear nearside was way higher than all of the others. Took to to another mechanic who said it was the discs probably warped and the pads needed changing.

it's a funny one as I have a c 250D 4matic averaging 27-30mpg around town with the 20mph in central London, but 50mph on the motorway drives to Nottingham and back, but I have had the car in neutral and was able to push it easy and it rolled with little effort on a level road. Had a mechanic notice it didn't roll as others do and after cleaning the adblue and Nox and taking it for a long drive tested the thermal response of the wheels and the rear nearside was way higher than all of the others. Took to to another mechanic who said it was the discs probably warped and the pads needed changing.
Wouldn't hurt to have the calipers slide pins cleaned and greased , check the piston for any signs of rust ,again clean and lube lightly. Before committing to new discs n pads .

Wouldn't hurt to have the calipers slide pins cleaned and greased , check the piston for any signs of rust ,again clean and lube lightly. Before committing to new discs n pads .
will try this. thanks

Last edited:
Just sorted the cause of my steering wheel vibration under braking, found a nearside calliper slide pin rusted solid, took me a while to remove it, clean/grease and replace.
Solved the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom