Wheeler Dealer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mad how they have shot up in price, anywhere from 4-500% in 10 years! My brother bought his around that time for less than that and even having spent quite a bit on it, he's very much quids in.

Yeah, I watched that one again even though I've seen it two or three times before.

I was amazed he had to let it go for £6300 considering how much they went up in the last ten years as well.

What surprised me more though was the first buyer who only wanted to pay £6k. Fair enough you set a limit but was it worth losing a sorted one with a new clutch for £400?

If you are that hard up, a Cosworth is perhaps not the best car to be buying.

I do wonder if many of these old classics are fetching the money being asked... and who would part with tens of thousands for one.

I can't help but think if you spend this kind of money on one of these kind of cars, you are not only getting stung but will be left "holding the baby".

If sorted Sierra Cosworths were still £6k, I'd happily consider one now for a fun car.

The (low) prices here will make you cry!!

For example, Ferrari F40 in excellent condition £375,000.
65E0E138-8E32-4B35-9AB8-45EA9D3391B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Cosworth Sapphire. 2010.

Struggled to get £6000 for it!! Hindsight and all that!!

There are some incredible cars on Wheeler Dealer. They had a Noble M12 which they sold in low 20k after putting it back to perfect working condition. The only real major issue was the heater not working properly which they fixed. Rust free.

There are some incredible cars on Wheeler Dealer. They had a Noble M12 which they sold in low 20k after putting it back to perfect working condition. The only real major issue was the heater not working properly which they fixed. Rust free.
I saw that. Didn’t he buy from Italy?

don’t know about that but I remember Edd cutting out the subframe...
It was something like the clutch which needed changing or something. The only way to get the transmission without removing the engine was to go from underneath the car and cut out a section of the subframe. He then made a bolted connector so that it would be easier to do this again if anything jobs needed to be done from underneath without having to remove the engine.

He basically created a cost saving which would have been ideal had it been in the original design. The equivalent job from the dealership would have cost significantly more with the labour costs to remove the engine.

It's interesting to see how many cars from Wheeler Dealers are still on the road. I often check on the MOT website and not many of the cars seem to be currently covered. It's also interesting to look at their MOT history and see their faults.

It amuses me when they bring up how much they've spent on doing the vehicle up, rarely do they mention the four brand new tyres they've fitted, or the iva test if it's a foreign vehicle etc

It's interesting to see how many cars from Wheeler Dealers are still on the road. I often check on the MOT website and not many of the cars seem to be currently covered. It's also interesting to look at their MOT history and see their faults.
Any examples??

It amuses me when they bring up how much they've spent on doing the vehicle up, rarely do they mention the four brand new tyres they've fitted, or the iva test if it's a foreign vehicle etc
I take all the expenses with a pinch of salt.
For me it’s all about the type of vehicle and what they do to it.

The GD cobra they bought and sold, which they got through the iva test with some exhaust mods? I know they had to buy a new engine to get it to pass, strangely not shown. They made a huge loss on that.

One of my homies has got an Evo 2 that he reckons he could get that figure for.
He paid £17000 for it about 15 years ago and he’s spent between £20000 and £25000 on it since. It had a 4 figure glass out respray last year.
I’ve always lusted after Integrales, or even more so the Hyena. I actually saw a pale mint green Hyena on the road once, and there’s one in a museum in Brussels I happened upon. Trouble is, as these cars like the Integrale start to go for silly money it opens up more possibilities for alternatives. So Integrale or slightly poverty spec Alfaholics GTA-r? One of those you can’t really use without it dropping desirability and value...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom