• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Which 38Pin to 16Pin OBD II ?

infamousbutcher

I'm looking to connect a code reader to my 2001 CLK 320 which has the 38 pin OBD port under the bonnet. I think I need a 38Pin to 16Pin adapter.

I've had a look on Amazon and the reviews of every adapter cable there says they don't work.

Has anyone bought an an adapter that works? And if so, can you share a link to what you bought?

Thanks,

Ross.

It isn't that simple. The 38 pin connector is for K-lines and each control unit has its own pin on the connector. The adapter usually picks up the engine control unit line but the diagnosis tool needs to understand the "38 pin connector protocol" too.

I use an iCarsoft MB 2 with the correct red 38 pin connector with a 16 pin obd lead between. It works on my ‘98 SL but needs to be the proper, correct 38 pin interface. Chat to the guys at “U.K. parts direct”.

Thanks. That makes sense.

I've looked into it some more.

It looks like my car doesn't have the OBD port in the interior, only the port under the bonnet.

I have the Foxwell NT510 that I use for my BMWs, and added the Merc DB to it last week.

I'd rather not have to buy a whole new unit so have ordered the Foxwell 38pin multi cable from the US. If that doesn't work I'll revert to IcarSoft.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom