• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Which Scanner for the job

Tekman

Car
C 320 CDI
I DO APPOLOGIES TO ALL OLD SUBJECT
I have a w204 C320 CDI Elegance , so got a eml on checked it out using Icarsoft Mb V3 pics , problem with hot film sensor found out that When I was driving in yorkshire moors tractors were moving hay and such my air intake sucket it up part block, eml and sensor so new filters in cleaned air flow system plug in no fix. requested it to reset NO
told it to relearn NOPE Grandson inlaw brought his bosch scanner 10 secs done no issue
I what a scanner that will look at values of air mass and see which is under peforming under or over paraminters I what one that will reset and relearn

I have watched Killhertz videos espesily Icastoft cr max system will that machine do that on mine if so great will get one but I would like to know before I buy one
so any recomendations
1- scan system read fault codes
2- delete said code
3- be able to watch the values to see if sensors are working
4 - HELP
Dear WEB GOD`s can we have a section on scanners and multi meters only where recomendations are put which vehicle used or which it want, I will be putting in new sensors from Germany all I want to do is put them in plug scanner in and relearn system reset airfilter Job done easy without spending days on we looking at vids reading stories in hope of someone saying yep you what this device.
and I know about Exentry way to expencieve £500 or less

thank you anyone 👏

seeing that cars now days you need a scanner I know this going to happen again when I change airfilters

Attachments

• IMG_0129 small left sensor.jpg
    IMG_0129 small left sensor.jpg
    937 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 8
Are you thinking of taking out the MAF sensors from the bat wing , and replacing with parts from Germany?

You really don't need to teach in new air filters. Only if the old ones are absolutely filled with crud beforehand,then you might need to.

Are you thinking of taking out the MAF sensors from the bat wing , and replacing with parts from Germany?

You really don't need to teach in new air filters. Only if the old ones are absolutely filled with crud beforehand,then you might need to.
Hi Mate
No not thought about it to be honest
when grandson put bosch on he did live date and left one was a bit hotter than other but thats the blocked up side so could have been that but I would like to be able to keep check on it without keep asking him to I know he would

It`s a hassle keep lifting air filter box`s out to check them when I could plug scanner in to check the sensors but my icarsoft mb v3 for some reason want do it

So was thinking if cr max will do it plus its open to other makes not just Mercedes I like to do it myself if you get what I mean but whant spend once not 3 times like I have done had Icarsoft mb v2 + v3 and now need to spend again

Cheers

Alan

Well that's the thing with icarsoft, Mercedes only lets them have the rights to certain things on certain models , for instance my mb3 would talk to every single thing on my 17 reg e350 coupe , but will hardly do anything on my 19 reg Glc 350 coupe. So I basically wasted £136 .

I'm pretty certain air flow on a c320 would pass through an air filter before reaching the mafs and the turbo charger, so how yours was blocked by hay or whatever,makes little sense.

You also mentioned fitting new sensors from Germany, what exactly are you talking about . It's all a bit confusing tbh.

Well that's the thing with icarsoft, Mercedes only lets them have the rights to certain things on certain models , for instance my mb3 would talk to every single thing on my 17 reg e350 coupe , but will hardly do anything on my 19 reg Glc 350 coupe. So I basically wasted £136 .

I'm pretty certain air flow on a c320 would pass through an air filter before reaching the mafs and the turbo charger, so how yours was blocked by hay or whatever,makes little sense.

You also mentioned fitting new sensors from Germany, what exactly are you talking about . It's all a bit confusing tbh.Hi
Hi Mate sorry about that
the airfilters were blocked mainly left side no dirt got to the sensors. ( believe causing folowing ) new filters fitted
left sensor started send high temp reading put eml light on
I believed I needed new sensors so ordered from Germany
In mean time Bosch scanner put on cleared code set relearn values also watched values and left one temp was a little higher so left originals in place
Car runs fine no eml

wanted a scanner that would clear codes and do relearn if necassery without spending fortune I thought Icarsoft mb v3 would shows but want

I did have same happen last year but right side ended blowing fuse
so concerned will happen again with mine being 2008 w204 thought someone would have used a scanner that was able to do same without asking others to come and do something I could do myself

Cheers

Alan

Hi Mate sorry about that
the airfilters were blocked mainly left side no dirt got to the sensors. ( believe causing folowing ) new filters fitted
left sensor started send high temp reading put eml light on
I believed I needed new sensors so ordered from Germany
In mean time Bosch scanner put on cleared code set relearn values also watched values and left one temp was a little higher so left originals in place
Car runs fine no eml

wanted a scanner that would clear codes and do relearn if necassery without spending fortune I thought Icarsoft mb v3 would shows but want

I did have same happen last year but right side ended blowing fuse
so concerned will happen again with mine being 2008 w204 thought someone would have used a scanner that was able to do same without asking others to come and do something I could do myself

Cheers

Alan

Feel like I'm on a round about here tbh. I asked about sensors , you said no ? Now your saying again new sensors , what sensors if any are you referring to ?

Feel like I'm on a round about here tbh. I asked about sensors , you said no ? Now your saying again new sensors , what sensors if any are you referring to ?
Ok so here goes
When eml light came on I plug scanner in gave me left hot air flow mass sensor on bat wing
I tryed to no avail to remove code so thought I may need to change air flow sensors so went on to Mercedes New castle Nope no result
So I could get a bat wing complete for a lot of money Autodoc or order from German company Original Bosch Sensors and replace old one`s

cheers

Alan

You can try Carly, I had both iCarsoft and Carly and I don't recall that there was a difference between them in the number of modules they could access, but Carly is another low cost option (compared to STAR services) so might be worth a shot.

Ok so here goes
When eml light came on I plug scanner in gave me left hot air flow mass sensor on bat wing
I tryed to no avail to remove code so thought I may need to change air flow sensors so went on to Mercedes New castle Nope no result
So I could get a bat wing complete for a lot of money Autodoc or order from German company Original Bosch Sensors and replace old one`s

cheers

Alan

You'll struggle with new Maf sensors, they're bonded in. Many have tried and failed . Aftermarket ones throw eml within a year .

You can try Carly, I had both iCarsoft and Carly and I don't recall that there was a difference between them in the number of modules they could access, but Carly is another low cost option (compared to STAR services) so might be worth a sho
Based on my own experience, I would avoid Carly like the plague - regular connection issues and would be unable to access modules previously found plus awful customer service. I replaced an iCarsoft with Carly but have since returned to iCarsoft.

Based on my own experience, I would avoid Carly like the plague - regular connection issues and would be unable to access modules previously found plus awful customer service. I replaced an iCarsoft with Carly but have since returned to iCarsoft.

I had both, and my view was that if I could only choose the one scanner, it would have to be the iCarsoft, but the Carly does compliment it (for example, keeping archived PDF reports online).

Both now sold on eBay and went very quickly... there seems to be demand for these things.

You'll struggle with new Maf sensors, they're bonded in. Many have tried and failed . Aftermarket ones throw eml within a year .
As long as they are genuine Bosch they should last as well as the original. One failed on my ALFA (and the wifes SLK) and the ALFA one was over £200!.....so I took it apart, got the (tiny) Bosch part number off it (part number for element.....not the complete MAF) and searched to find that Vauxhall use the same one. Bought a Bosch Vauxhall one for £38 online and swapped the element to my intake tube using hot glue...job done...about three years have passed since. The SLK one was only about £75 anyway....so not worth the hassle!

As long as they are genuine Bosch they should last as well as the original. One failed on my ALFA (and the wifes SLK) and the ALFA one was over £200!.....so I took it apart, got the (tiny) Bosch part number off it (part number for element.....not the complete MAF) and searched to find that Vauxhall use the same one. Bought a Bosch Vauxhall one for £38 online and swapped the element to my intake tube using hot glue...job done...about three years have passed since. The SLK one was only about £75 anyway....so not worth the hassle!

Pity there's 2 on a 320 , it's entirely his choice TBF. If it works all's good. 👍👍

The other thing is that there is (allegedly) a lot a fake Bosch stuff for sale out there.........

I've found my Carly useful up to now. No connection issues at all. To Android. I was reluctant to trust it 100% as it's error description didn't match the list published elsewhere on this forum. It transpires the Carly is probably correct. The app is keen to sell it's 'smart mechanic' add on which pisses me off a bit at times.

It found a huge number of current (130+) issues with the wife's Renault which makes knowing where to start a bit overwhelming but a standard OBD2 scan sorted it. Maybe the Carly was saying 'Scrap It' which I would totally agree with!

Scan export is very handy too. Costs less than a single diagnosis visit so struggle to go wrong IMHO. Also works with other apps apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom