• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Testing for broken wire

I have an update. So i'd continued to mess around last weekend and tried again to replicate the fault using a spare sensor from the original car. I'd already determined that this one didn't cause a code when plugged in on the good side. I was trying to connect the sensor directly to the pins of the main loom plug, using thicker copper wire, but i could not get either left or right side to work. This led me to conclude that perhaps the main loom plug has to be connected in order to get 1 side working, so i decided to order a brand new bumper loom from Mercedes, £72 which is better than the £130 being asked for on ebay for second hand parts!. Plugged it in yesterday and was able to clear the fault straight off. Same story with the other code i had, replaced the gas canister under drivers wing and fault code could now be cleared. The car still has 4 codes that i can't clear but at least now the airbag light is off meaning i can take it for an mot. Just got all the underside plastic to put back on today, wheel arches and undertrays. I'll update after mot which i'm hoping i can get sorted before next weekend.
Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions.

Nice work! Post #4… just sayin ;)
Yep, you were indeed correct. Getting a continuity signal really threw me off this idea - goes to show my current understanding of electrics, mind you i'm learning a lot thanks to this forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom