• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Why no GLK in the UK

Derek Mc

With the sheer numbers of Q3 Q5 X1 X3 Haitoyonda santa ravRV soft roaders sold in the UK why has the GLK never been brought to the UK?

Because Mercedes hasn't done their research properly. I think its been mentioned on here that the next model is coming to the UK, we'll wait and see.

The AWD system would get in the way of the steering column in an RHD car. They could make a RWD one though and give is that but it would be a sloppy handling expensive car compared to a C class estate

I'd never heard of them until I saw one in France last year. Personally I don't think the uk is missing out on much.

Mmmm it is a fashion accessory like the Q3 and X1 I think,,,

Give me a 2.4l Puma engine Defender 90 any day :)

Want a soft roader, a lightly used ML will do it so much nicer. Not a LR fan Derek but I get your point, I'd take a Toyota offering...

I plan on getting a landy or some form of non-common rail diesel as a hobby toy for next winter and for mucking about with on some of the trails and forestry open routes.

(I actually fancy a 98>2001 Jeep Cherokee with the VM engine, they run on chip-fat will climb vertical walls like Spiderman and are as easy to maintain as a kid's pedal car.

They go for really decent money (a grand or so) and are quite decent to drive)

Heading to 30 posts quickly eh ?

What's for sale ?

I plan on getting a landy or some form of non-common rail diesel as a hobby toy for next winter and for mucking about with on some of the trails and forestry open routes.

(I actually fancy a 98>2001 Jeep Cherokee with the VM engine, they run on chip-fat will climb vertical walls like Spiderman and are as easy to maintain as a kid's pedal car.

They go for really decent money (a grand or so) and are quite decent to drive)

Get an RR Classic diesel, they use the VM engine too, up to about 1992 plus you can keep it and fo some work on it etc and its likely to be worth more than what you paid in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom