wind deflector on SL55

d8ean

is it a standard option? or was it a cost option??

thanks
Dean

vibesg

Car
CLS 320 Cdi; Volvo XC90 D5; VW Polo tdi
Comes with most SLs. Only ever came across one without..a 2003 SL350 when I was looking for one. It must be rare to find an SL55 without wind deflector. It is removeable though, so like 1st aid boxes, CD changers, 5th alloy wheels on VWs etc, the previous owner may have chosen not to bequeath it on the next owner.

Roger Jones

From a September 1996 sales brochure, it looks like what they called a windshield was standard throughout the R129 range, not an option, so I would expect the same in the R230 range. They now seem to call it a windstop, or, rather, its manufacturers do:

Untitled

OP
OP
D

d8ean

From a September 1996 sales brochure, it looks like what they called a windshield was standard throughout the R129 range, not an option, so I would expect the same in the R230 range. They now seem to call it a windstop, or, rather, its manufacturers do:

Untitled
can anyone confirm this with a spec sheet / catalogue showing it was a no cost standard item?

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
I'm sure it was standard. As mentioned, it had been standard on the R129 SL for years.

Didn't stop a main dealer selling me mine without a deflector (or 1st aid kit) though :rolleyes:

geoffd

Car
2006 SL 350
SL wind deflector

I have both a current and pre-facelift SL brochure and a current price list. The wind deflector is shown as standard equipment on all models in all three.

If it helps I can scan the page and post the image.

Geoff

OP
OP
D

d8ean

I have both a current and pre-facelift SL brochure and a current price list. The wind deflector is shown as standard equipment on all models in all three.

If it helps I can scan the page and post the image.

Geoff
that would be great - thanks

OP
OP
D

d8ean

yea i cant pm or email you?
email me with decent pics on dean@boxa.net
think we could do a deal
thanks

OP
OP
D

d8ean

oh and again

geoffd

Car
2006 SL 350
brochure scans

As requested.

The scan 'brochure' is from the June 06 SL brochure, and the scan 'price list' from the June 09 SL price list.

Just out of interest, why is whether this thing is standard or not an issue ?

Geoff

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom