Windows and Roof not getting along

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlexCDN

Car
2009 SLK55 AMH
I folks. The west coast of Canada is looking for help.
Having had 2 R170s I am familiar with the roof operation in those cars so it has been a quick learning curve on this 2009 SLK55 AMG I acquired about 3 weeks ago.
The day I brought it home I opened the roof in blind ignorance and it worked much as the R170 except the windows stayed down. Who cared? New car, lots of excitement so not really understanding at that point there was an issue.When I got home and parked it the fob closed everything up. That was the one and only time standing about 1 t=ft away.
I have two issues and I have worked a number of recommendations re syncing windows, disconnecting the battery etc to no avail. I have changed fob batteries in both fobs.
First issue.
Opening using the button on the console, my understanding is the windows should drop about 3/4 of an inch, the roof opens and folds away and the windows come back up. I have yet to understand this pause step and I only learned about it while the car has been away at the dealer.
The fact is the windows drop fully and do not come back up unless I do it manually which makes sense as the door switches are not on the CANBUS but direct wired.
When closing if I have the windows up they go down and of course if down by choice at times, when the roof closes the windows do not come up as part of the sequence using the switch. I have to close them manually.
The car has been at the dealer for 5 days and he tells me if you hold the fob within 1 in of the sensor the fob operation is normal.
They have repeated all that I have done, they have consulted with MB Canada Tech in Toronto, the did a cold reset this morning while hooked into the computer and online with MB in Toronto. No answers.
Would any of your folks have a suggestion?
Will be most appreciative of any help.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom