• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Windscreen wait time

Sally

Car
2017 c200 estate
Hi all. My daughter had the misfortune of her windscreen being cracked by a stone last week. Her insurance uses autoglass who promptly suck £115 out of her account then no contact. I have got through to them who say they have no stock and will let us know. I have never had a new windscreen so have no idea of time scale. Does anyone have a rough idea time wise? It’s an 03 a class by the way. Thanks in advance

Hi all. My daughter had the misfortune of her windscreen being cracked by a stone last week. Her insurance uses autoglass who promptly suck £115 out of her account then no contact. I have got through to them who say they have no stock and will let us know. I have never had a new windscreen so have no idea of time scale. Does anyone have a rough idea time wise? It’s an 03 a class by the way. Thanks in advance
On the 2 occasions I have needed to have a windscreen replacement (some years ago but for an Audi A6 and a Fiat of some description ) they were available in stock.

Is this 2003 vehicle? If so I am not surprised that it isn't a stock item. It may need to be made to order.

Yes it is an 03 so can understand them not having stock but when talking to them they couldn’t give me any time scale. Just wondered if anyone would know the rough time it would take, and do they take payment instantly to stop you phoning round. Though not sure insurance would let you use someone else.

Yes it is an 03 so can understand them not having stock but when talking to them they couldn’t give me any time scale. Just wondered if anyone would know the rough time it would take, and do they take payment instantly to stop you phoning round. Though not sure insurance would let you use someone else.
Possibly taken payment because it is a special order?

Only the manufacturer /supplier would know the time frame though.

Guess she will have to sit tight then. One of those things we didn’t consider when buying a now rare car.

Vehicle age should be no barrier here - a few years ago I went through 10 (yes, 10!) windscreens in rapid succession on the 129. It took that many to get the right spec delivered and without damage (mostly scratches in transit or storage). Most of the time it was a longer wait to get the next appointment than it was for the screen to be delivered, which may have been part of the problem!

What was the £115 payment for of its going through the insurance? I've not paid anything when it's been through insurance.

What was the £115 payment for of its going through the insurance? I've not paid anything when it's been through insurance.
Depends on your insurance; mine is a £75 excess for replacement, free for repair.

Have a good one John 🎂🍷🥃🍸🍾🥂🍻🍺

Hi. Thanks for the replies. The £115 was the daughter’s excess which is fine. Just the silence from autoglass is annoying and no idea if it’s next week or next month. Will keep bothering them to get an idea of time

Hi. Thanks for the replies. The £115 was the daughter’s excess which is fine. Just the silence from autoglass is annoying and no idea if it’s next week or next month. Will keep bothering them to get an idea of time
I had the Windscreen on my E Class replaced in August 2021, I wasn't asked to pay the Excess (£75) until I was satisfied that the Job had been done! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom