• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

World's fastest accelerating w123...

Hasn't sold yet, though.

Do you mean appreciating ?

Good luck to the seller, buy low sell high. Although, I do think if he makes a couple of grand he'll be doing well.

A 200 Saloon has limited appeal, it won't be moving faster than a lethargic 240TD!

I was expecting some supercharged moster reading the title. Decent classic though

Saw this in the flesh at the auction. Not nearly as sharp as it looks in the pictures..

This is happening across the board for many marques! Jag XK's exactly the same, as XJS's. There are good buys at auction..if you travel..and take the risk!!

Traders always bought 'ordinary' cars at auction to sell on with a markup of 2-3 grand. 50-100% markup on classics seems to be quite common. I think there will be buyers...but the market will implode after a time and values settle! Not yet though.

Someone else suggested talking to the seller, trade or private, and asking how much room for negotiation? If none..well..on to the next. They might ask what price you would be prepared to pay, maybe not, but gives you the opp. to decide whether worthwhile or not.

Just thoughts. Shame about this one!

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom