• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

wS205 - LED door handle light not working

elan362

Car
C250d AMG line Premium Plus Estate S205 2016
my drivers door handle LED light doesn't work (2016 S205) - this seems like a common problem and a PITA to fix.
my car is still under warranty - so I will get it looked at / repaired at the dealer .
was there a duff batch of LED's?
there don't appear be any codes showing on the ICarSoft scanner tho... should there be?
if there was a bad batch? should the garage replace the others at the same time as a precautionary measure? as the car will soon be out of warranty?

Just get the dealer to fix it under warranty...its a known problem...the others will follow...had mine done out of warranty with goodwill

I bought my W205 from a non-MB dealer, and, like yours, my drivers exterior door handle LED stopped working, I reported the fault to the service manager at the dealership who kept insisting that my vehicle did not have this feature as it was not an option for my model, I thought perhaps I had imagined the lit door handle. Eventually I had to take photographs of the door handles with 3 of the 4 working and the fourth not working before he would relent and carry out the repair under warranty. I believe they are a pig to do because the interior door card has to be removed and the retaining rivets have to be drilled out to remove the LED part, why it is riveted in is beyond me! Perhaps in the light (pardon the pun) of failure rate later models with this option fitted are screwed in place and not riveted, but I doubt it;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom